The new subsidy will be awarded to families where the average income of each family member does not reach the subsistence level in the region.
Photo: Mikhail FROLOV
1. Who will receive the money?
The new payment replaced several benefits at the same time that were in effect last year:
– for children from 3 to 7 years old,
– for children from 8 to 17 years old,
– for the first child up to 3 years,
– for pregnant women registered at an early date,
– to care for a child up to 1.5 years old for unemployed women,
– for the third and subsequent children (regional payment),
The new subsidy will be awarded to families where the average income of each family member does not reach the subsistence level in the region. The income of the applicant himself, his spouse and children under 23 years of age are taken into account. To calculate the average income, the 12 months prior to the month prior to the month of circulation will be taken. That is, when applying in January 2023, the income for the period from December 2021 to November 2022 is taken into account.
On average for the country in 2023, the cost of living will be 14,375 rubles. When allocating benefits, the so-called comprehensive means evaluation will be applied (more on this below).
The subsidy will be paid for each child, regardless of the order of their birth. Previously, payments for a second child could only be made from maternity capital, while benefits for the third and subsequent children were not paid at all in seven regions of the country. With the introduction of a single assignment, these problems have been resolved. According to the government, in total, the payments will be received by parents who are raising more than 10 million children.
2. What is a comprehensive media assessment?
When deciding on the appointment of benefits, officials will take into account not only earnings. There are other criteria as well.
– Family owned. There is a government list of real estate and vehicles that a family considered “needy” cannot have. For example, if a family has an apartment, a country house, a country house of any size, a car and a garage, then all this is not a reason to refuse a single allowance. But if a family has two cars, or one car with more than 250 horsepower and it is “less” than five years old, then the family will not receive benefits even if they have low income. But there is an exception – this does not apply to large families.
– Adult family members must have at least some income from work. And if it is not there, then there must be an objective reason (treatment, imprisonment, official registration in the employment service for no more than six months, etc.). For example, if the wife is on maternity leave, and the husband does not work simply because he is too lazy, then the family will not receive benefits. The same applies to the wife: if the child is over three years old and the family does not have many children, but the woman does not work, then such a family will not see benefits.
3. How much will be paid for each child?
The amount of the allowance for children will depend on the economic situation of the family and will be 50, 75 or 100 percent of the subsistence minimum of the children in the region. The national average is 7, 10.5 or 14 thousand rubles a month for each child.
4. How to apply?
This can be done from December 28 on the State Services portal. And from January 9, a paper application can be submitted to the MFC or to the customer service of the Social Fund (the Social Insurance Fund and the Pension Fund will be merged into this structure from the New Year).
The amount of the allowance for children will depend on the economic situation of the family and will be 50, 75 or 100 percent of the subsistence minimum of the children in the region.
Photo: Anton FOKIN
5. When will the payments arrive?
The first payments will begin to arrive in the second half of January. The Social Fund will pay the subsidy.
6. What about pregnant women?
In addition, a one-time allowance is due to low-income pregnant women who have registered up to 12 weeks. As of January 1, the amount of payments is 50, 75 or 100 percent of the regional subsistence minimum for a citizen without disabilities, the average for the country is 15.6 thousand rubles per month. Previously, pregnant women received only 50% of the subsistence minimum.
7. What other payments can I get?
In addition, low-income families will be able to receive a payment in the amount of a “children’s” subsistence minimum from maternity capital (on average, this is 14,000 rubles) for each child. In this case, the order of birth of the children will not be taken into account.
Recall that until 2023, the mother’s principal payments were allocated only for the second child. And from January 1, 2023, for anyone. The main criterion is the average per capita income of no more than two regional subsistence minimums. A comprehensive media assessment will not be carried out. That is, this payment can also be received by families who will not qualify for a one-time allowance due to higher income and “excess” property.
Benefits to choose
There will be a transitional period of several years. Russians who had children before December 31, 2022 can retain the right to existing payments without a comprehensive means test or switch to a single allowance. Those who have children born after this date may only receive a single allowance.