hit tracker
Friday, September 29, 2023
HomeLatest NewsA teenager in the US died from French fries with hot peppers...

A teenager in the US died from French fries with hot peppers – Rossiyskaya Gazeta

Date: September 29, 2023 Time: 10:50:01

The mother of a 14-year-old boy said he ate just one Amplify Snack Brands chip and felt sick with severe stomach pain. The mother took her son home from school, but she got worse. In an unconscious state, he was rushed to the hospital, but the boy could not be saved. According to his mother, the child was healthy and did not suffer from any chronic illness.

According to the publication, the results of the forensic medical examination will be ready in three months. At the same time, the boy’s mother is sure that the accident occurred because of hot pepper. The manufacturing company positioned its fries as an extreme dish and even suggested in the ad that after trying the fries you could last as long as possible without drinking or eating them, and share the result on social networks.

It is unclear whether the manufacturing company will be liable: the chips’ packaging contains a warning that they are intended for adults and should be kept out of the reach of children.

Presumably, the tragic consequences could be associated with an allergic reaction to capsaicin: this compound is what gives chili peppers their spicy flavor.

This is not the first case of its kind. In early September, G1 reported that a girl in Brazil fell into a coma after smelling hot pepper. Another accident occurred in February. Thais Medeiros, 25, was saved, but after coming out of the coma she had to undergo long treatment. Initially, the doctors diagnosed the girl with cerebral edema and concluded that it was caused by an acute allergic reaction to capsaicin.

Hansen Taylor
Hansen Taylor
Hansen Taylor is a full-time editor for ePrimefeed covering sports and movie news.

Most Popular

Recent Comments