site stats
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
HomeLatest NewsAccording to the CIS, most Spaniards fear that the invasion of Ukraine...

According to the CIS, most Spaniards fear that the invasion of Ukraine will end in World War III.

55% of Spaniards fear that Russia’s invasion of Ukraine will provoke a conflict with the participation of other countries, that is, lead to a third world war. This is reflected in a barometer released Tuesday by the Center for Sociological Research on Current Issues, which also indicates that 90% of those polled believe that Russia has committed crimes against humanity.

The barometer, which asks questions about the perception of the war in Ukraine among other things, shows the fear of the majority of the population about the conflict escalating into a new world war. This is feared by 55% of respondents, compared with 36.6% who say that such a risk does not exist.

Questions about the conflict show an absolute rejection of Russia’s actions. 90% claim that the Russian army is committing war crimes and crimes against humanity when invading Ukraine, and 85.2% claim that the Russian military is deliberately targeting civilians. In addition, 76.8% claim that Vladimir Putin’s government is spreading false news to accuse Ukraine of attacks on civilians. Thus, 88% of respondents are in favor of Putin being tried for war crimes in an international court.

The CIS also asked the respondents about their perception of the actions of different countries in this conflict. Ukraine gets the best score, 7.1, while Russia gets the worst score, 1.5. Spain is ahead of the low (5.06), just behind Germany (5.07) and ahead of the US (5.03). France reaches 5.9, while the performance of the European Union is estimated at 5.5.

Rejection of military spending increase and support for fuel tank limit

The CIS also includes a refusal to increase military spending, albeit with very divided positions. 45.3% of those polled believe that Spain should increase its defense spending to face future threats, but 32.7% reject this, and 14.3% even ask to cut these spending. The total refusal to increase military spending is 47%.

Of course, 60% of those polled are in favor of the EU creating its own army to guarantee its common defense; 31.3% reject this option.

As for domestic issues, 57.1% of respondents are sure that the war will affect the supply of food and essentials, and 34.8% are sure that there will be no consequences. Given the risk of supply issues, 50.7% believe the government should take “strong” measures to secure supplies.

63.6% believe that the war will affect the fuel, which will affect the supply. Here, the proportion of respondents who believe that the government should do everything possible to ensure supplies rises to 55.9%. Moreover, 82.3% of Spaniards believe that the government should cap fuel prices to prevent them from rising further as a result of the war.

As for the reception of refugees, 40.1% assess the reception of Ukrainian refugees in Spain as very positive, and 51% define it as quite positive. Only 3.1% consider it very or very negative.



Source: www.eldiario.es

*The article has been translated based on the content of www.eldiario.es. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!



RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments

%d bloggers like this: