Bakhmut was released and again became Artyomovsk.
Photo: Alexander KOTS
Latest news about the liberation of Artemovsk
Bakhmut was released and again became Artyomovsk. On the evening of May 21, 2023, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation officially announced on its Telegram channel: “As a result of offensive actions by the Wagner assault detachments, with the support of artillery and aviation of the Forces Group of the South, the liberation of the city of Artemovsk has been completed in the tactical direction of Artyomovsk”.
The fighters were congratulated by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“The head of state congratulated the Wagner assault detachments, as well as all the servicemen of the units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, who provided them with the necessary support and flank cover, on the completion of the operation to liberate Artyomovsk. All those who distinguished themselves will be presented for state awards,” says the Kremlin website.
The liberation of the city of Artemovsk is completed.
Video of the Russian flag over Artemovsk
where do we go next
The main question is what will happen next? “KP” turned to military experts. This is what Reserve Colonel Yuri Knutov told the KP.RU website.
– After the launch of Artemovsk (Bakhmut) is confirmed, what should happen next?
“Now we have to defend. The enemy has been trying to break through the flanks both north and south of the city for the past few days. In addition, they tried to use Russian small-boiler tactics.
– This year, maybe, yes. With us, she showed herself well in Mariupol, Lisichansk and Severodonetsk.
– Well, our task is to bring down this impulse – and then?
– Concentrate certain forces to move forward. To Chasov Yar, to Seversk, maybe to Konstantinovka. And in the end – to Slavyansk.
– Are you ready for this?
– If we remove the threat of flank attacks in this area, from the side of the same Chasov Yar or Seversk, then yes. Slavyansk is the main city in this chain of our possible movement in the near future.
– Difficult situation.
– The enemy will keep trying to activate his movement on the flanks. Not from a military point of view, but rather a political one, they will need to retake positions not only around the city, but also in itself. At least capture a microscopic foothold.
– Will we have to attract additional air defense forces?
– There are enough of them today. And army air defense, and others. The cover will provide air defense in more rear areas. It is possible that they put complexes like Buk M2. In the city limits of the same Artemovsk, I see no reason to deploy any air defense systems, with the exception of MANPADS.
The president congratulated the Wagner assault detachments on the liberation of Artemovsk
MINSK-3 WILL NOT BE AFTER ARTEMOVSK
Retired LPR Lieutenant Colonel Andrei Marochko expressed his opinion on the air of Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda.
– Will kyiv try to return Artemovsk?
They did not accept the loss. The city is ours, but the enemy presses on the flanks.
– It is known how Zelensky treats Artemovsk.
– You can throw all the resources to return at least some of the borders on the outskirts of Artemovsk. And proclaim another victory.
– Let’s knock on wood.
– We strategically and tactically outperformed the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The settlement has been liberated, but don’t underestimate the enemy. Artemovsk plays not only a military, but also a political role. The moral and psychological state of Ukrainian militants and the population is low. To make up for these losses, steps can be taken to drive out our units that are entrenched there.
– The battle lasted for 224 days. The Ukrainian army says that Bakhmut fulfilled his goal: what is it?
– For your part, these words are a poor cover for your defeat. We remember similar statements when Mariupol was taken. They tried to turn their defeat (defeat) into victory (victory).
– They are also trying to do with Artemovsk.
– Yes. But it doesn’t work well. People are aware of what is really going on. The Ukrainian Armed Forces deployed a colossal amount of forces to try to retake the city. Almost all units of the Ukrainian armed formations have been there. I do not help. Therefore, they will repeat that they “did the task.”
– Will Zelensky reward those who withdrew?
– There will be new heroes of Ukraine – for the defense of Bakhmut. There will be informational noise to hide the causes and extent of the defeat.
– What has changed in our approach to performing SVO?
– Our command has relied on preventive measures. They have proven their effectiveness. Destruction of reserves, ammunition depots, fuel and lubricants: their damage is reflected in the contact line.
Is this happening everywhere?
– The servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the same Artemovsk and in the approaches from the west experienced starvation of shells, lack of diesel fuel for armored vehicles. Attacks on logistics centers, on places where equipment is restored, had a positive effect on the lines of contact for us.
– Will this tactic continue?
– I hope so. If we continue to destroy everything that comes from the West, even before deliveries to the front, this will save many lives of our guys and civilians. And it will be easier to move on.
– Will there be talk of a peaceful solution to the conflict after Bakhmut?
– When the Ukrainian troops were close to defeat at Debaltseve, it was then that kyiv and the West decided to sign Minsk-2. Maybe they think this will happen again. But I am sure that our military and political leadership has learned from bitter experience and will not fall for this a third time.