The size of the unified allowance for children and pregnant women in Russia has been announced.
The government approved the procedure for the allocation of a unified social benefit. As of January 1, 2023, it will be paid after the birth or adoption of a child up to the age of 3, as well as for children from 3 to 7 and from 8 to 17 years of age. Also, low-income pregnant women can receive payments. This was announced by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin on Monday at a meeting with his deputies.
As Mishustin said, the new allowance is due to parents who are raising about 10 million children.
So who is entitled to the allowance, how will it be calculated, and when will it be available? This was said by Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova.
1. The benefit will be awarded to families with income below a regional subsistence level through a comprehensive means assessment.
2. The amount of the allowance for children will be differentiated depending on the economic situation of the family and will amount to 50, 75 or 100% of the minimum subsistence of the children in the region. On average across the country in 2023, its size will be 7 thousand rubles, 10.5 thousand rubles or 14 thousand rubles per month.
3. A low-income family may receive a single allowance for each child, regardless of the order of their birth. As Golikova said, now payment for a second child can be issued only from the maternity capital, and benefits for the third and subsequent children are currently not paid in 7 regions. With the introduction of a single assignment, these problems will be solved.
4. In addition, low-income families may receive a payment in the amount of a subsistence minimum per child from the maternity capital for each child. The child’s birth order will not be taken into account. This applies to families with incomes below two subsistence levels per person. A comprehensive media assessment will not be carried out. On average, the amount of monthly payments in this case will amount to 28 thousand rubles.
5. The amount of payments to pregnant women will be increased to 50, 75 or 100% of the regional subsistence level of a citizen without disabilities. On average in the country, it will be up to 16 thousand rubles per month. Now pregnant women receive only 50% of the subsistence minimum.
6. The benefit will be paid through a single window in the Social Fund. To do this, you need to apply. The single allowance application for pregnant women and families with children can be submitted electronically from December 28, on paper – from January 9.
7. The first payments will begin to arrive in the second half of January.
8. Citizens can retain the right to existing support measures or switch to a single allowance.