On January 5, Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with the President of the Republic of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Vladimir Putin’s working days began almost immediately after the New Year.
If we talk about international contacts, first the Russian leader spoke by phone with the presidents of Kazakhstan, Kassym-Zhomart Tokayev, and Uzbekistan, Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
And on Thursday, January 5, Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with the President of the Republic of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
WHAT TOPICS WERE TREATED
– Greater expansion of commercial and economic ties, mainly in the energy sector. The priority importance of the implementation of strategically significant joint projects such as the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant in Turkey was highlighted.
– According to the press service of the head of the Russian state, the situation around Ukraine was discussed. “On the Russian side, the destructive role of Western states is emphasized, inflating the Kyiv regime with weapons and military equipment, providing it with operational information and target designation.”
– In light of Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s readiness for Turkish mediation in order to resolve the conflict politically, Vladimir Putin reaffirmed Russia’s openness to serious dialogue – “as long as the Kyiv authorities comply with the known and expressed demands repeatedly and take into account the new territorial realities”.
– When considering the validity of the Istanbul agreements of July 22, 2022 on the export of Ukrainian grain and the unlocking of supplies of food and fertilizers from Russia, “the need for a conscientious integrated approach, involving the elimination of all barriers to Russian exports, it was emphasized”.
– Attention was paid to the prospects of the Syrian settlement. The meeting of defense ministers held in Moscow in December 2022 with the participation of the heads of the intelligence services of Russia, Turkey and Syria was positively assessed. “The hope was expressed,” the press service notes, “that the development of contacts in such a trilateral format will contribute to a fundamental improvement of the situation in the Syrian Arab Republic, including the restoration of its territorial integrity, the solution of the refugee problem and the tasks of combating international terrorist structures”.
AND AT THIS MOMENT
According to the Turkish presidential administration, Putin and Erdogan also discussed finalizing the roadmap for the creation of a gas hub.
* * *
The Presidents exchanged greetings on the occasion of the New Year and agreed to continue contacts at various levels.
BY THE WAY
Dmitry Peskov – “Komsomolskaya Pravda” – about the telephone conversation between Putin and Erdogan:
– The conversation of the presidents was quite long. This is due to the extensive agenda of bilateral relations. This, in fact, is stated in our press release …