Deputy of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, former chief sanitary doctor Gennady Onishchenko
Photo: Ivan MAKEEV
Gennady Onishchenko, who is closely connected with the Donbass and its past and present: he is a graduate of the Donetsk Medical Institute, president of the Donbass Association in Moscow, DPR Hero of Labor, considers Russia’s special operation in Ukraine natural. .
– At the beginning of 2022, – the academician explains his point of view, – there was such a situation in the Donbass that if we (the Russian army) had not gone there on February 24, hostilities would have continued in the Rostov , Voronezh regions, Kursk, Oryol and Bryansk.
Because Ukraine, together with the United States and NATO, was already preparing for this.
The Americans had been planning an armed confrontation for a long time, they came up with such ideas even before the collapse of the USSR, and after the dismemberment of the Union in 1991, real preparations for the conflict between Russia and Ukraine began. The “independents” under their “sensitive” leadership were going to launch a military invasion of the Donetsk and Luhansk republics in March 2022. If this happened, then the Ukrainian army, armed and trained by foreign instructors, would break through the defenses of the republics like a knife cuts through butter and would jump to our borders. So we keep going.
– Gennady Grigoryevich, many Ukrainians ask: why did Russia start the NWO?
– The political reason, remember, was announced on the first day: to save the people of Donbass so that they would not die.
– Read the comments on social networks: Ukrainians claim that allegedly nothing terrible has happened in Donbas in the eight years since the ceasefire was signed.
– And the year 2014 with thousands of dead women, children, elderly, therefore, does not count? I travel there a lot and I know firsthand: since 2014, the war has not stopped. After all, Donetsk was shelled from Avdiivka all these years. They struck in the Kyiv, Kuibyshevsky, Proletarsky districts. For residential buildings, schools, hospitals, markets, water intakes and power plants. “It’s ok right? “Just something”: living without water, without electricity, without prospects for the young, without pensions for the elderly, with the constant risk of dying at any moment from a lost mine, is fine, right? Donbass lived in such an environment, or rather survived, for eight years.
No, Ukrainian citizens, this had to stop. Your kyiv authorities did not want to solve the problem peacefully by complying with the Minsk agreements. Donetsk residents have to earn the right to life with arms in hand.