The fate of the Russian stars’ foreign real estate was in question.
A good half of the entertainment world at some point bought square meters in Europe, America and other parts of the world. Now the fate of this real estate is being questioned: if the wealthy Russians have already been stripped of everything acquired by overwork, where are the guarantees that the artists will not become the same dispossessed? Furthermore, many of them have repeatedly spoken out in support of the special operation.
For villas – with gallows
TV presenter Vladimir Solovyov, who a few years ago became the owner of square meters on Lake Como in Italy, along with George Clooney and other stars, suffered the most. The famous patriot simply explained the appearance of a dacha on the hill: “patriotism is not a written commitment not to leave”, and buying an Italian house is much cheaper than renting it every summer for his large family. Such “savings” went sideways: first, this spring, the authorities confiscated Solovyov’s property, and then the vandals made the contribution from him. So, they tried to burn down one of the journalist’s villas, throwing burning tires, and in the second they staged a terrible performance: the pool was filled with red paint, as if it were blood, the walls were splattered, it was written “murderer”. at the gates … In total, according to local media, Solovyov has three houses in the vicinity of the lake for a total amount of more than 8 million euros.
View of the building complex of Vladimir Solovyov’s villa near Lake Como, Italy.
The offended owner did not remain silent.
– My assets in Italy are frozen. The same villa that I honestly bought with the declared funds, having issued it directly to myself. This shows that it was necessary to be clever, to do it in a left way. Interestingly, my beloved Italians, who shouted a hundred times that they would never allow sanctions against journalists, have disappeared somewhere. You’re letting us down! – Soloviev reacted to deprivation.
TV presenter Vladimir Soloviev.
Photo: Alexander SHPAKOVSKY
Rent an apartment from Valeria
Valeria and Iosif Prigogine have owned a country house in Switzerland since the 2000s. The couple bought a 320-square-meter mansion on the shores of Lake Geneva in 2005 with a 1.5% annual mortgage. The loan was paid off a long time ago, housing has risen in price: in ruble terms, such a house is now estimated at 250 million. There is everything for a comfortable life, but the foreign country house is empty.
“A couple of years ago we wanted to sell it and buy a house in the suburbs, but it didn’t happen,” says Iosif Prigogine. – The pandemic has confused all the cards: real estate outside the city has jumped at times: there is nothing cheaper than $10 million. Suburban Pricing – Space Only! Therefore, they stayed in a foreign dacha. As a forward-thinking person, I paid taxes and utilities in advance for a year in advance, so as not to stay longer and not have fines. So both 2022 and 2023 are closed for me. What is the amount, I don’t even know. I, as they say, do not worry about big expenses, but about small income.
Joseph Prigogine and Valeria.
Photo: Boris KUDRYAVOV
According to the producer, he is not going to bother with the tenants. In addition, Artemy sometimes comes to the dacha (Valeria’s eldest son lives and works in Switzerland. – Ed.) To fry kebabs with friends. But the couple rents a three-room apartment in Dubai on the island of “palm trees”. The Celebrity Apartments are managed by the hotel complex and are always vacant upon arrival of the owners. In the United Arab Emirates, the couple flies regularly, but they still do not go to Europe: the situation, they say, is not conducive.
– Now you are unlikely to sell a house in Switzerland, and why? Let it be for the children”, argues Prigogine. – Now getting rid of this property is a big risk – you will receive money, and the bank will take it and take it. Therefore, it is better not to fuss. I am not a “buy and sell” businessman, real estate for me is a tool to store money, which is now rapidly depreciating. Well, if the vaunted European democracy happens to take something away from us ordinary people, so be it. Maybe we’ll sue. After all, everything is clean with Valeria, everything is legal: we take a loan for a house in Switzerland, we honestly pay for it with legal income.
House by the sea is waiting for the owners
Many stars will not say goodbye to foreign real estate and will continue to travel in European dachas. So, Larisa Guzeeva was recently seen in a supermarket on Ravda: while “Let’s Get Married” is on hiatus, the presenter organized a holiday in Bulgaria for her. On the Black Sea coast, she has apartments of 165 m2. in the elite complex “Emerald Beach Resort SPA”, in the neighbors – Nadezhda Babkina, Larisa Udovichenko and other stars.
Boris Moiseev, according to his director Sergei Gorokh, has already exchanged rubles for euros: he is preparing for a summer vacation in Jurmala, where the singer has had his own “three-ruble bill” for 20 years. Recently, the Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs banned Nikita Mikhalkov, Vladimir Mashkov, Polina Gagarina, Denis Matsuev and two dozen more of our artists from entering the country. But the sanctions did not affect Moiseev: after two coups, he has not been a public person for a long time and he is far from making loud statements.
Nikolai Karachentsov’s widow is also packing her bags: as soon as Lenkom closes the season, Lyudmila Porgina will immediately fly to the country house in Bulgaria. At first, the artist worried about losing her family nest, but her neighbors assured her that everything was calm.
Photo: Boris KUDRYAVOV
– Now I called there: everything is fine, everything is worth it, no one takes anything away and does not claim our property. I go there every year during the summer, and now I go too, shares Porgina. – I will not sell this house for nothing, because the dacha is connected with Kolya. She lived by the sea for three months a year, she saw her grandchildren. Our son built this house precisely for all of us to gather there. Kolya was happy there and I have the best memories of this place.
It cannot be sold: the money will be blocked
Star promoter Sergey Lavrov, who has been organizing tours for artists for many years, is sure that now all foreign real estate owners are hiding and not taking any action.
– I have not heard that at least one of the artists suddenly sold or rented his square meters now. And because? What to do now with dollars and euros? As soon as they catch on, they will be immediately arrested. Russians now cannot have more than 100 thousand euros in European banks, but even with smaller amounts there are problems. For example, I have real estate in Rome, I recently bought a new chandelier. And what do you think? They blocked all accounts, they thought this was my namesake – the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergey Lavrov in Italy gives himself to candlesticks. Then, however, the money thawed, but the nerves shook. And my Russian friend even deposited 50 euros through an ATM to top up her European account. Blocked instantly: “explain source of funds.”
The developer is sure that owners of “cheap” real estate in Europe worth 200-500 thousand euros (up to about 40 million rubles) can sleep peacefully.
– Lolita Milyavskaya, Nadya Babkina, Agutin and Varum, who also seem to have an apartment in Latvia, bought their square meters for little money, they are not luxurious villas of oligarchs. It makes no sense to confiscate such objects: there is more bureaucracy and scandal with them than profit, – continues Lavrov. – Real estate is more expensive in the US, such as Igor Krutoy, Valery Leontiev, Natasha Koroleva and Philip Kirkorov, is actively used by the owners themselves: many have relatives living there, so no one will get rid of them voluntarily.
By the way, according to Sergei Lavrov, Alla Pugacheva and Maxim Galkin managed to buy a house abroad at the same time. Also, not in Israel, where they were installed with the start of the special operation.
– I know that Pugacheva and Galkin have some kind of real estate in Cyprus – they invested in their time. Why don’t they live there? In fact, Cyprus is not as attractive as Israel in terms of infrastructure, friends, relatives. In addition, this is an island state: it is isolated from the mainland. This is not suitable for everyone, the promoter believes.
Sobchak invests in the United Arab Emirates
The other day it transpired that the TV presenter became the owner of an apartment in one of the skyscrapers in downtown Dubai. 120 m2 apartment. with two bedrooms and a view of the Burj Khalifa tower, Ksenia Sobchak cost a little more than 60 million rubles. This does not grant UAE citizenship, but a two-year resident visa with the right to extension, which allows you to stay in the Emirates without time limits, is easy.
As the “chocolate blonde” assures, it is not going to move from Russia. Its objective is to preserve and increase capital. “In times of wild inflation, about 30% of my portfolio will be invested in real estate,” Sobchak said, urging Russians to follow his lead.
Can the stars take away their home and passport?
– In the current realities, Western countries demonstrate the leveling of pillars of law such as the right to property. And in my opinion, Russian celebrities may well lose their houses and apartments after politicians and businessmen, says star lawyer Andrei Aleshkin. – It’s not that hard to do. For example, the United States can impose personal sanctions on Philip Kirkorov himself and take away his apartment in Miami. First, a restriction of rights is imposed, and then, in case of a prolonged lack of use (after all, no penalties are imposed for a day), this property can be nationalized, that is, turned into state property. And our stars in this situation must clearly understand that no court in this political environment will be able to protect them.
Lawyer Alexey Aleshkin.
Photo: Personal Archive
In addition, you may lose citizenship of another country. Residence and so-called “golden passports” that were issued for the purchase of real estate can be canceled; such measures against those who fell under the sanctions are already known. Although my friends abroad, who are not included in any sanctions list, also suffered: their accounts are blocked, assigning a certain living wage: the state determines how much money they can spend per month. For example, my friend in Prague has a restriction: 1000 euros per week. Thus, all conditions are created for a person to leave. Of course, this is a violation of international law. But since in the United States and Western countries, as a rule, the law is a precedent, one case is enough for it to become some form of law, according to which similar decisions can be stamped.
*The article has been translated based on the content of www.kp.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!