Photo: Andrei Minaev
During the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), Irina Shilkina, head of the tourism department of the Moscow City Committee on Tourism, visited the studio of Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda.
MOSCOW AS A TRANSPORTATION CENTER
– Irina, summer is the best time to travel. What regions and megacities do Muscovites go to these days?
– Moscow has long opened its summer season. We invite both Muscovites and visitors to the city to get acquainted with all the activities and events that take place in the capital. I note that Muscovites within your city are also tourists, there is inter-district tourism. Residents of the capital travel both in and out of the city. What is popular? Of course, this is Central Russia, Nizhny Novgorod, the Moscow region, St. Petersburg. Also of interest are such distant regions as Kamchatka, Altai, Baikal, delighting with their nature and interesting types of recreation. For example, glamping in unusual places in Russia.
Moscow, together with the regions, is creating interregional projects as part of the Moscow+ strategy. Because? Because more than 50% of tourists start their trip in Moscow. This allows us to combine the potential of an innovative and modern metropolis and the authenticity of the Russian culture of the regions. So, the opportunities of Moscow and St. Petersburg are united by the project “Two cities – a million impressions” and, together with Nizhny Novgorod, “Three capitals – from sunrise to sunset.” Moscow is connected with Kazan by the project “Two capitals of one horizon”, and with the Moscow region – “Moscow + Moscow region”. Two rhythms of the perfect trip. All these projects offer tourists to visit several regions at once. Based on our projects, tour operators are already creating successful products that are in demand among tourists. Routes and other offers within these projects can be found on the RUSSPASS service
– At the end of the Soviet Union, probably the most important tourist jewel of the country was the Golden Ring. Now these cities attract the attention of tourists?
– Yes, of course, the Golden Ring is a traditional tourist route through the ancient cities and towns of central Russia, where unique monuments of history and culture have been preserved. The name itself very accurately reflects the meaning and content of this route, emphasizing, on the one hand, that the tourist gets acquainted with the golden fund of cultural heritage, and, on the other hand, indicates the nature of the route, which runs through the surrounding cities. Moscow.
At the same time, we also offer to study neighboring cities and regions, offer new routes and new ideas for a trip to the “neighbors” and back – this is our “Moscow +” strategy.
– What surprises visiting tourists in the capital this summer?
– We have a large calendar of events planned for this summer, you can find it on the RUSSPASS service and in the online magazine RUSSPASS Mag. In addition, here you can get information about sights, events, the history of Moscow, as well as get acquainted with routes interesting in other regions. Simply put, this is a whole ecosystem for tourists, which is based on a travel builder: there you can book flights, book a hotel, a table in a restaurant, buy tickets to museums, and so on.
Moscow also offers a wide range of projects for various categories of tourists. For example, “Play Moscow” for families with children from 7 to 14 years old. This is a series of game routes through the Sparrow Hills, Zaryadye Park, VDNKh, Moscow City and other interesting places, which turns walking around the city into an exciting quest. As a result of passing quests in our tourist information centers, you can get small souvenirs from the city. The missions are also popular among Muscovites.
We have a very interesting project called City of Discoveries. Today, 90% of children have not decided on a profession. The project is a vocational orientation, it helps children not only to visit classical excursions and relax, but also to touch professions and gain applied experience. These are ecology, the IT sphere, robotics; In total, the project includes eight thematic areas.
Of course, we are developing river routes. We have developed new audio guides for walks on the water, you can also listen to them on the RUSSPASS website. Moscow is one of the greenest megacities in the world, in the capital almost 50% of the territory is green areas.
We can safely call the capital a resort town. Moscow has many offers for the holidays this summer. These are beaches, panoramas of the city, active recreation by the water, summer terraces of restaurants. We invite Muscovites to stay in the city, and we invite tourists to spend the summer with us.
– Recently, scientific tourism has begun to develop in Russia. How relevant is this issue for Moscow?
– I have already told a little about the flagship educational and tourist project of Moscow, the City of Discoveries. The routes of our project are directly related to scientific tourism. During the City of Discovery programs, children not only participate in excursions, but also conduct scientific experiments on their own and do hands-on tasks in various fields. Among our partners are the main industrial companies in the city. For example, Skolkovo and Rosbiotech technology parks, Naukograd MFYuA and MASI, and many other advanced sites. The project is also being expanded in the regions. Today, the routes of the “City of Discoveries” are presented in the Voronezh and Tyumen regions, the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug. It is important that we were supported by a large and knowledge-intensive company. In Tobolsk, for example, this is the SIBUR company. Moscow children can visit its huge production complex.
– I was in Tobolsk, in “Sibur” last year, I was very impressed with this gigantic enterprise, built on the most modern technologies!… What do you think, where will the Moscow tourism industry develop further?
– We interact with the tourism industry, we work both in the field of business tourism and in constant dialogue with the regions. We carry out trade missions in the regions, gather representatives of tour operators, hotels, attractions and other participants.
Of course, Moscow is providing support to the industry. The city allocates grants for the organization of business and youth events, provides support to the hotel sector, and develops human resources in tourism. We intend to continue cooperation, as well as promote our capital in the Russian regions.