Do not forget about calories: 100 grams of caviar contain 230 calories.
Red caviar differs in color, size, and even taste. For example, coho salmon caviar is quite small, although it has a beautiful rich color, but it is bitter – not everyone will like it. The most popular caviar is pink salmon, it is not the largest, but it is the average size we are used to. Its shell is not dense, often caviar bursts during transportation, resulting in juice – caviar juice. Chum salmon caviar is the largest, but with a very dense shell, which hardly bursts on the tongue. Trout caviar is the smallest with a bright fishy taste and slight bitterness. Usually the manufacturer indicates on the jars from which breeds the caviar was obtained, but not always – it depends on luck. It is worth trusting banks with the GOST inscription; they are generally indicated both by the place of capture and by the species of fish.
But one way or another, red caviar of any species of fish has the same properties.
– It is one of the main values of red caviar: easily digestible protein, of which it consists of 30%, – says our expert, nutritionist Lyudmila Denisenko. – And it also contains an almost complete vitamin complex, so necessary for the body:
* Folic acid is essential for fetal development during pregnancy.
* Lecithin – necessary for the functioning of the brain and cardiovascular system.
* The vitamins of groups A, C, E, D and group B are important for immunity. Eat when it’s cold without hesitation!
* Many amino acids necessary for various processes in the body: proper metabolism, hormonal balance, blood formation, etc.
* And this is not counting the twenty most important trace elements for the human body, including iodine, selenium, which are necessary for the thyroid gland and nerve cells.
In fact, caviar is an ideal product. Especially for pregnant women. If there are no contraindications (for example, edema, allergies), then you can eat caviar at least two to three times a week.
There is another important point for which red caviar is recommended after operations, as well as after prolonged illnesses for children and the elderly during the recovery period: it is a concentrate of Omega-3 polyunsaturated acids – natural antioxidants that are necessary for the longevity and health.
If you eat a sandwich with red caviar a day, it will help gradually lower cholesterol levels, improve brain function and strengthen immunity.
– To make the benefits more obvious, I recommend using whole wheat bread instead of white bread, which has a lot of B vitamins; in this way we will further enrich the composition of the miraculous sandwich, – says Lyudmila Denisenko.
AND SOME CONS
– Like it or not, but all caviar is salty. And this means that it should be limited to people with hypertension and atherosclerosis, despite all the obvious advantages. And neither abuse those who are diagnosed with coronary disease.
– Caviar is a true allergen (that is, even its smallest amount can cause a severe allergic reaction). It is worth giving it to children with caution, as well as lactating women.
– Do not forget about the calorie content: there are 230 calories in 100 grams of caviar, but we do not eat it with spoons. And we put it on bread with butter or in tartlets. And this is a big plus. For example, in one hundred grams of a snack with caviar and butter, there are already 350 kcal. Of course, a sandwich weighs not so much, but about half as much (average calculations: 20 g per piece of bread + 10 g of butter + 10 g of caviar). So take into account the caloric content when you put the fourth sandwich in your mouth (700 kcal is a quarter of the daily diet of women!).
– But the New Year is not the time to think about calories! – says Lyudmila Denisenko. – If you are afraid of excess salt, just drink more water and everything will be fine! And yet you shouldn’t eat too much caviar; after all, even the useful in large quantities becomes harmful. I would recommend sticking to those four sandwiches. That is, 40-50 grams or 4 tablespoons of caviar a day is more than enough. Only if you eat four sandwiches in a row at the New Year’s table, Olivier will definitely not fit!