Swelling can occur due to any disease, but with heat, the formation of edema occurs a little differently.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
“Edema is an excessive accumulation of fluid in the intercellular space, but the swelling most often manifests itself in the lower extremities,” says Olga Chizhevskaya, director of the Podiatr company (podiatrists are doctors who deal with diseases of the feet – ed.). – Swelling can occur due to any disease, but with heat, the formation of edema occurs a little differently. In the heat, the thermoregulation system triggers intense sweating – the vessels dilate, passing through themselves a greater volume of blood per unit of time. Increased hydrostatic pressure contributes to the leakage of the liquid part of the blood into the intercellular space, due to which edema is formed. Thick blood under the influence of gravity to accumulate in the lower extremities. And the more blood stagnates, the more fluid seeps into the intercellular space.
5 REASONS FOR SUMMER
1. Drink little.
Our body in conditions of water deficiency stores it for the future. And it will accumulate in tissues for “only in case of fire”.
2. You cost a lot.
Any load provides increased blood flow to the active part of the musculoskeletal system. The blood rushes, and the system of valves in the vessels of a person who spends a lot of time in an upright position often malfunctions, the veins in the legs are dilated. That is, the blood stagnates and edema forms.
3. Move little.
Any movement contributes to muscle contraction and affects the work of blood vessels, helping the latter to pump blood efficiently. This helps prevent congestion, which means it minimizes the risk of edema.
4. Wear tight fitting shoes or socks.
“Beauty” requires sacrifice and leads to disruption of blood and lymph circulation.
5. Do not follow the doctor’s recommendations.
If you have problems with your feet, and the doctor prescribed orthotics, special insoles to facilitate walking (or half-insoles), and you do not wear them, this also leads to excessive stress or swelling.
The same applies to the practice of sports with non-professional footwear.
SIMPLE EXERCISES OF EDEMAL STOP
Vladimir Nechaev, an expert from the Association “League of Podiatry”, a doctor of the highest category, spoke about them.
You don’t even have to look up from your computer screen to complete these exercises. All of them are performed sitting down.
– Roll from heel to toe. Bend your legs at a 90 degree angle and press your feet firmly into the ground. Transfer the fulcrum to the heels, while lifting the toes off the floor. Next, move the fulcrum to the toe area, that is, the first metacarpophalangeal joint. At the same time, the heels rise into the air. Do 15-20 such rolls on both legs.
– Back and forth. Place your hands on the edge of the table and lift both feet into the air. Take one leg back a bit and place it on the toe. The second: take it forward and lean on the heel. Change position. Alternate the position of the legs 15 to 20 times.
– Playing Cinderella. Legs are shoulder-width apart, in a position bent at a 90-degree angle. Alternately cut and straighten each leg, while straightening your toe, as if you were about to put on a shoe. Alternate legs for 15 repetitions each.
– Draw circles. Legs are shoulder width apart. Lift your toes, placing the weight of your feet on your heels. Without lifting your heels off the floor, perform 10 rotational movements with the free part, 10 times clockwise, 10 times counterclockwise. feet clockwise. Do 3 sets.
– Collect stones. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and press your feet firmly into the floor. Bend your toes “under yourself”, as if grabbing small stones with them. Hold the position for a few seconds, then relax your foot. Do 15 repetitions with each leg.
– Whatever exercise you choose, remember: the most important thing during exercise is to ensure good blood circulation in the lower extremities. This will help “disperse” congestion and return lightness to your legs.
And don’t forget in the evenings, when you come back from work, to take a cool bath with salt for your feet, and then go to bed, raising your feet to the platform. This will take the fatigue off your feet. Yes, you can rest yourself.