Experts are confident that one of the worst flu seasons in recent years awaits us.
The incidence of SARS and influenza in Russia increased by 35% in one week. According to Rospotrebnadzor, about one in two cases of the disease is due to the flu. And the COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet.
We are likely facing one of the worst flu seasons in recent years, said Mikhail Kagan, Honorable Doctor of Russia: “Where the coronavirus subsides, other viruses may start to recover.”
But on the nose of the New Year, I really don’t want to get sick. How to protect the family, especially children, we asked the Professor, Head of the Department of Children’s Diseases of the Clinical Institute of Children’s Health. NF Filatov First Moscow State Medical University. IM Sechenova, MD Natalia Geppe.
– In the arsenal of a pediatrician there are antiviral drugs with a combined effect, which not only fight against different viruses, but can also support immunity, and therefore quickly cope with the symptoms of the disease, – explains Natalya Anatolyevna . – For more than 10 years, pediatricians have been using the domestic drug Ergoferon, which has proven its effectiveness in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections in children, starting from 6 months. In addition, its use is possible without specifying the pathogen, since the drug has a wide spectrum of antiviral action and helps to fight fever and other symptoms of the disease, such as a runny nose, sneezing, coughing and sore throat.
What to do to increase immunity.
For the health of the child and the proper functioning of his immune defense, simple things are important: eat right and balanced with a sufficient intake of vitamins, minerals and proteins, observe the daily regimen with the obligatory stay in the fresh air for at least two hours a day, exercise and harden, and also, in the absence of contraindications, use drugs that support immunity, in particular, Anaferon for children. And do not forget, of course, about the family atmosphere in the family. When doing morning exercises with your child, pay attention to the breathing exercises.
In addition, it is worth remembering other preventive measures.
– As much as we value freedom “without a mask”, the desire not to get sick must prevail, clarifies Mikhail Kagan. – The use of masks remains an effective and easy way to avoid getting sick whenever the risk of infection increases.
And it doesn’t matter if your city has a flu outbreak or not. But the holidays and the dozens of people without masks with whom you share a concert hall, a corporate party, etc., all this seriously increases the risk of getting sick.
And if you get sick
The Ministry of Health issued a memo recommending home treatment if symptoms do not cause concern. But he listed when exactly it is necessary to call a doctor – for an adult and even more so for a child:
– Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
– Severe body aches, any severe pain or feeling of heaviness in the chest or abdomen.
– Sudden dizziness, confusion.
– Intense or persistent vomiting.
– The “second wave” of the disease, when a week and a half later the temperature rose again, the cough intensified. This is a sign of possible complications.
Take care and be healthy!