hit tracker
Saturday, April 1, 2023
HomeLatest NewsIberdrola proposes to the Government a plan of 40 measures for energy...

Iberdrola proposes to the Government a plan of 40 measures for energy saving

Date: April 1, 2023 Time: 17:28:53

Iberdrola has submitted to the Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge a plan with more than 40 measures that will save 29.3 terawatt hours (TWh) per year, equivalent to the consumption of some three million homes, as reported the firm in a statement collected by Europa Press. Most of the savings will come from the commissioning of new renewable power driven by the more than 6,000 million euros of investment planned in Spain until 2025.

The new green energy parks represent the majority of the contribution of the company chaired by Ignacio Sánchez-Galán, with 20.3 TWh, of which 20.5% are already in operation, while the remaining 79.5% It will be ready between 2023 and 2025.

Saving solutions also for customers and workers

In addition, Iberdrola includes close to 8.1 TWh from savings solutions for customers and employees, such as home insulation, photovoltaic self-consumption, the purchase of electric vehicles for the transport of people and goods, and therms, among others.

Iberdrola’s plan also includes measures at its own facilities, such as air conditioning -85% already works without fossil fuels- and the start-up of charging infrastructures for corporate buildings, the electrification of collective transport vehicles, the substitution in the entire fleet for electric vehicles and the commissioning of solar installations in corporate buildings and generation plants.

“We will continue to make decarbonization efforts with the production of green hydrogen”

“With this plan, the group becomes one of the Spanish companies that contributes the most to energy savings and publicly certifies what it has been doing for more than two decades: its commitment to clean energy, energy independence from protection”, has explained Mario Ruiz-Tagle, CEO of Iberdrola Spain. “In addition, we will continue to make decarbonization efforts with the production of green hydrogen for processes where electrification is not possible,” he added.

80% of its power does not produce polluting emissions

The company, which will continue with its decarbonization strategy in the future, already has nearly 40,000 MW installed in renewables -it is the leader in Spain in onshore wind power, with more than 20,000 MW- and announced in the presentation of its strategic plan that 17,000 million euros in renewables, to reach 52,000 MW at the end of the period.

80% of its current power is already free of polluting emissions. Thanks to these investments, the company will increase its renewable installed capacity by 12,100 MW: 3,100 MW onshore wind, 6,300 MW photovoltaic, 1,800 MW offshore, 700 MW of batteries and 200 MW of hydro. The group already has 50% of the new capacity secured and around 95% of the production will be contracted by 2025.

The company will reconcile its growth in renewable energy with the goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2030 in its own generation and consumption plants and in all its activities by 2040. In addition, Iberdrola will have a net positive impact on biodiversity in 2030, promoting the planting of 20 million trees in 2030.

Puck Henry
Puck Henry
Puck Henry is an editor for ePrimefeed covering all types of news.

Most Popular

Recent Comments