The head of the Moldovan Shor party, businessman Ilan Shor
Moldova risks going the way of Ukraine. The authorities, headed by President Maia Sandu, live at the behest of the United States ambassador. NATO is pumping weapons into the country. And the EU attracts with European salaries and benefits. Only people live worse and worse: utility bills are already higher than pensions, salaries are only enough to survive.
At the same time, any anti-Western opinion is simply blocked and sanctions are imposed against politicians who are not willing to submit to the United States and Brussels. For example, against the head of the Moldovan Shor party, businessman Ilan Shor, who was forced to leave his country due to repression.
“KP” contacted him and asked him how people in Moldova currently live and what they really want.
– Ilan Mironovich, you are now in Israel. Because?
– I left back in 2019. Then new people came to power, including Maia Sandu. They did not hide that they were persecuting me; They said directly on television screens that the first priority was to arrest me without trial. In prison, I would not be effective for my voters, for those who believe in me. And from here I can work and promote my projects.
– Is it possible for Israel to promote projects in Moldova?
– I have a large team in Moldova. I am building, I am fulfilling all the electoral promises that I made to the people. During this time we have already passed the parliamentary elections, our party is now in parliament, we have passed the elections in Gagauzia, where we won. I created the Moldova Development Fund, which annually attracts $100 million in investments there: in infrastructure, in towns, in roads, in cities governed by mayors (mayors – ed.) from the party. All this can be seen with the naked eye.
– Almost all Western countries have imposed sanctions on him.
– These are the usual sanctions imposed on those who do not agree. Now in Chisinau there is a pro-Western regime that has usurped power. Almost all the decisions they make are illegal, but no one can tell them anything: Europe and the United States are behind them. Moldova is practically under external control: ministers go to brief the US ambassador almost every day. We have reached the point where he comes to the Supreme Court and scolds the judges when they make decisions that are unfavorable to him.
But the problem is that the country has been left on the brink of poverty, of misery. The West forced Sandu to fight with Russia, so Moldovan citizens pay 10 times more for gas and electricity. But there is no money: today the pension in Moldova is less than that of public services. How can people survive? Agriculture has been murdered.
Shor party protest in Chisinau. Photo: Veniamin Demidetsky/TASS
“I AM NOT PRO-RUSSIAN, I AM PRO-MOLDAVIAN”
– Are you a pro-Russian politician?
– No, I am pro-Moldovan. And the sanctions were imposed because I am not pro-Western.
– But you don’t deal with international issues at all, you only have national projects?
– Absolutely. But I have always advocated strong relations with Russia. Russia is a strategic partner for us. We are connected historically, economically and socially. Many of our citizens live in Russia. And we should maintain a good and friendly relationship, as we always have been. But the West today is not happy with this. It isolated us from any external communication. The West in no way wants Moldova to have its own opinion.
– Are the sanctions against you the work of the current government of Moldova or the West?
– It’s a combination of stupidity and stupidity. The Moldovan government cannot fight me, so it asked the West to impose sanctions on me. The West does not understand what is happening, its task is to subjugate Moldova, bring it to its knees. “Who stops? – Here is the. “Okay, let’s impose sanctions!”
I have always said that I am not anti-Western, but rather pro-Moldan. These are different things. I don’t dislike you, I don’t hate you, I just don’t want you to take over my country and rule it. I don’t want Moldova to be subordinate to anyone. We are a small State, we cannot have geopolitical ambitions. All we want is peace for the world and money for Moldova. So let’s live and earn money in peace.
– Do these sanctions affect you in any way?
– To be honest, I don’t care about them, I had no plans to go to the Wild West in the near future.
– Aren’t you afraid of extradition from Israel?
– Israel is a state of law. You can’t come here, wave fake papers and say someone committed a crime. People here are not stupid. They see perfectly the pressure I have been under for the last 4 years.
“POVERTY HAS NOT HAPPENED IN 30 YEARS”
– Is it true that Moldova is literally being dragged by the ears towards the EU and NATO?
– In NATO, they are dragging their feet, stocking up on weapons, preparing a kind of training camp from Moldova, just in case. But where is Moldova and where are the weapons? We have a population of 2.5 million. Which of us is a testing ground? And the Moldovans never wanted to fight in their lives.
As for the EU, it is a candy with a very nice wrapper, but completely empty inside. They told us: you will live like in Europe, you will have good roads, pensions, salaries, you will have a lot of money. But this is a hoax and I understood it from the beginning. The pro-European regime has been governing for three years. And? There is no money, no pensions, no roads. All this pro-European fiction is empty deception and cheap selling.
– You understand this, but do people understand it? What do you want?
– Maia Sandu was elected with the promise that her arrival would be a victory for Moldova, that with her Moldova would move to Europe… I am sure that the people have already understood everything. In Moldova there has not been so much poverty for 30 years. We have never lived so badly. There were tough times, they were a little better, they were a little worse, but now it’s a disaster.
Moldova is literally being dragged by the ears towards the EU and NATO
Photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
The best position for the people is the elections. In November there will be local elections. It is true that we no longer consider them completely legal: my party was banned and we were the second largest party in the country, even according to American polls. What will happen now with the votes of the people who wanted to vote for us? In a year there will be presidential elections (it will be the most important exam for Moldova) and then parliamentary elections.
– How will you participate in the next elections? Maybe make an alliance with someone?
– Three months ago I created the Foundation for the Development of Democracy in Moldova. It will finance infrastructure and social and economic development projects. Those parties that meet the criteria will receive funding for the program from me. No matter how many parties there are, I will help everyone who is willing to go against the predatory pro-Western regime.
– But it won’t turn out that, for your help, the parties will simply be banned, just as your “Shor” has already been banned?
– It can happen like this. But then the question is: if they remove 5 or 7 parties, how will the elections be recognized?
– Is it possible to build a political career in Moldova without supporting a pro-Western line?
– It is possible, but it is very difficult. And it is not clear what the result will be.
THE WEST HAS BECOME THE MIDDLE
– More recently, Moldova refused to pay Gazprom for gas.
– Now the authorities can make any decision: not recognize debts, prohibit parties. They have a great argument: Europe and the United States agree. And this is now the standard of truth, the highest court in the world. If everything continues like this, people will take gallows, whether they want it or not, but there is no way out.
Now the whole country is waiting for elections. And it doesn’t matter who wins, the important thing is that it’s not Sandu. There are no longer political differences. There is only one task.
– There are statistics that say that the countries that have suffered the most from the Russia-West conflict are those located on the border between Russia and Ukraine. This also applies to Moldova.
– Moldova suffers from the stupidity of the authorities and the invaders that we have in our country. We, like a garden dog, were caught on the street and barked from the enclosure on command. Because if we don’t bark they won’t even give us a small plate of stew. This is what it looks like today.
At school I really loved history, I read about the colonies. But I had no idea what a colony of America and Europe was until I met it in person. They are completely usurping power. There is nothing higher than them. Whatever interest they have is right by definition, but anything that does not benefit them is wrong. We don’t have a single government institution that would do anything without the Soros Foundation or without the consent of the US ambassador.
Ilan Shor with his wife Jasmine
Photo: Evgenia GUSEVA
– Your wife, the famous singer Jasmine in Russia. Does she support you?
– She is in Russia, but she supports me a lot. Our children are also in Russia. Jasmine is an artist, she has a lot of work and fans. And she can’t just move on and forget about them. Naturally, we see each other, spend time together and always spend children’s holidays together. But his creative life is connected with Russia and my children go to school there. It’s important to me. We, as warriors, must provide a good rear for the family and we ourselves must go to war.