When 16 firefighters arrived on the scene with three units of fire fighting equipment, the house was on fire. The bodies of the dead were found during a reconnaissance, reported the Regional General Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations. There was no one else in the building at the time of the fire.
Following the death of a woman born in 1977 and a minor born in 2015, the investigative department of the city of Belogorsk of the Investigative Committee of the Investigative Committee of the Amur Region opened a criminal case for causing death by negligence (Part 3 of Article 109 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). His investigation was taken over by the Belogorsk district prosecutor’s office. The control authority will also verify the implementation of fire safety legislation.
The circumstances of the incident are established together with the employees of the department of supervisory activities and preventive work, specialists of the fire test laboratory. Various exams have been designated.
It is possible that the cause of the tragedy was a heating device. Improper use of stoves and other heating equipment with the arrival of severe frosts in the Far East has already caused several fires with the death of people.
“Due to abnormally low temperatures in the region, researchers remind that fires most often occur in residential buildings and apartments due to a gross violation of fire safety regulations during the operation of heating appliances, including home ones. , the overload of the electrical and ordinary network. human negligence. Tragic consequences come, as a rule, in the event of a fire at night due to untimely detection of the ignition source, “representatives of the regional investigative committee emphasized.