“Yyy hello everyone!” – this greeting opens each issue of one of the most popular Russian sports video blogs. Its author is Elena Krupina. The jury highly appreciated the rhythmic gymnastics channel, which the Kirov citizen has been running for more than ten years.
Elena’s victory in the “You are in the game” contest, which was established by the federal non-profit organization “National Priorities” with the support of the Russian Ministry of Sports, revealed an unexpected fact: a girl blogger lives in Kirov , whose audience exceeds the wildest dreams of not only active Vyatka bloggers, but also the official media.
Now more than 180 thousand people have subscribed to the main videoblog of Elena Krupina, and the total number of video views is already over 104 million. In addition to other social networks, including almost 18 thousand subscribers on Telegram.
When asked how she managed to achieve such results in a rather narrow niche area, the girl answers in the spirit of one of the minor characters in the White Sun of the Desert: “We have been sitting here for a long time.” Modestly and unpretentious.
Elena, a lawyer by training, started her vlog on rhythmic gymnastics more than 10 years ago. Shortly before that, the girl decided to leave the sport that she had been practicing since she was little. At first, topics related to rhythmic gymnastics were interspersed with stories about her other hobby. But over time, it became clear that it was the sports theme that attracted viewers.
– For me, blogging was a way to master video editing. I made this after work because I liked it. Then at some point I started working as an editor on local television. Now, especially after the abolition of monetization on YouTube, video editing is the main source of income for me. I am an independent businessman. And gymnastics was woven into all this by itself. We can say that hobbies and work have changed places, says Lena.
On the channel, Elena Krupina analyzes the performance of athletes at competitions, discusses various important points related to the rules, wardrobe, participation (or rather non-participation) of the Russian team in international competitions.
– It happens that the girls tell me some news directly from the competition. The blog is large, so subscribers already bring a lot of information, – the presenter of the channel admits.
We can say that your blog has become a point of attraction for a community of people from our country and from all over the world interested in this sport.
– Many people write words of gratitude. The children tell how they came to our sport thanks to the blog. Parents and coaches thank you for my content.
Now Elena Krupina’s blog from a major earner has returned to the status of a hobby. But the author plans to continue with this work, also because of her sense of responsibility towards the public.
– I think that with my work I bring much more benefit to people who are related to rhythmic gymnastics than if I were doing something else, – this is how Lena responds to a joking comment that there are bloggers and influencers out there, and there is a shortage of staff in production.
Maria Butina, TV presenter, State Duma deputy:
– Having watched the video of Elena Krupina, I want to note that she really very clearly explains why athletes receive certain points, evaluates their performances without prejudice and accompanies their judgments with a video sequence for clarity. Elena is very pleasant to listen to, and most importantly, everything becomes clear immediately. I think that’s why the Kirov woman’s blog is popular with the audience: the videos get tens of thousands of views and hundreds of comments, which can be used to track the loyalty and trust of subscribers. I will not get tired of repeating that the Kirov region is rich in talents. I think projects like Elena’s are really relevant today. It is important to inspire people to lead a healthy lifestyle and exercise. After all, as you know, in a healthy body, a healthy mind.