British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak decided to initially send four Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine.
ukry demands ransom for prisoners
Russian Federation Human Rights Defender Tatyana Moskalkova said she had received pictures of relatives of two captured Russian soldiers harassing them and demanding ransom from their relatives.
“I received terrible pictures on January 14 from relatives of captured Russian servicemen Vladislav Kovalenko and Pyotr Krikunov,” Moskalkova wrote on her Telegram channel. – From unknown accounts, anonymous non-humans show mothers harassing their children and threatening to kill them if they don’t receive a ransom.
The Commissioner called on her Ukrainian counterpart, the UN Committee against Torture, the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and the International Committee of the Red Cross to demand immediately to the Ukrainian side compliance with the Geneva Convention. of 1949, which prohibits the use of torture, violence and acts that degrade human dignity.
“I am also preparing an appeal to the Chairman of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation AI Bastrykin,” Moskalkova wrote. For some reason, it seems that the consequences will only be from the last of the mentioned remedies.
THE CHILDREN OF KILLED POLISH MERCENARS WILL RECEIVE PENSION
The Polish state decided to be generous with the children of Polish mercenaries who died during the fighting in Ukraine. For them, payments are provided from the state budget of Poland in the amount of 2,000 zlotys ($400) per month. This was reported by the newspaper Rzeczpospolita.
According to journalists, such a decision on this issue was made by the Prime Minister of the Republic Mateusz Morawiecki. In addition, the money will be paid until the child reaches the age of majority or until the end of school education. For example, the usual payment to Polish families for each child is 500 PLN per month, four times less.
By the way, in December, a bill was submitted to the Sejm of Poland, which will exempt from criminal liability Polish citizens who have served in the armed formations of Ukraine since February 20, 2014 without the appropriate permission of the authorized Polish bodies. . Children of the Ukrainian army can only dream of such care.
UKRAINE MEN DON’T WANT OFFICIAL JOB
New trends in the Ukrainian labor market simply perfectly illustrate the attitude of the country’s male population towards permanent mobilization in the Independent. After the government forced employers to serve military enlistment office summonses to employees, company executives faced reluctance from men to find formal employment. According to the Ukrainian resource “Strana”, several businessmen told their journalists at once.
– After the new year, we announced a set of drivers for the state. Faced with the fact that some of the respondents say that we officially do not want to get a job, so as not to receive summons later, said one of these employers. – They say they can only work unofficially.
And even the issue of accruing seniority to receive a pension does not really bother them. Which is quite logical, since they get it alive.
ISRAEL HAS NO NISKS FOR UKRAINIAN REFUGEES
According to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, starting in February, Israel will stop paying monthly allowances to Ukrainian refugees. The reason is trivial: the expiration of the temporary decree that authorized these payments and the lack of funds for these expenses. Even in December, the Ministry of Aliyah and Integration was unable to fully pay these benefits due to a lack of funding of 20 million shekels ($5.9 million). Therefore, the ministry does not intend to renew the order after the expiration of the program.
Well, there are no shekels, so they agree on dollars. Or euros. What, they don’t exist either? Well, why are you so poor!
GREAT BRITAIN WILL SUPPLY TANKS WITH A PIZZA HEATING DEVICE TO kyiv
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak decided to initially send four Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine, and after a while eight more tanks will join them. Unless, of course, those first four at that point are still intact and combat-ready.
The Challenger 2 tank is unique in several ways, which are not always in its favor. This is the world’s heaviest tank of the existing ones, its weight is 62.5 tons, which affects the speed of the tank and its maneuverability on the battlefield. Also, this is the only modern tank with a rifled gun (120 mm), which excludes the launch of ATGMs through the barrel. But most importantly, the Challenger 2 is the only tank in the world that has a crew food heating and cooking system as standard.
However, something suggests that the Challenger 2 crews will be very hot in the Ukraine even without heated pizza in the tank’s turret.
REINFORCEMENTS ON THE HORIZON
The president of Venezuela, Maduro, in his speech at a meeting of the National Assembly of the Republic, proposed the creation of a bloc of allies of Russia and China in Latin America.
– I talked about this on the phone with the leaders of Brazil, Colombia, with the president of Argentina. It is a special moment to unite the efforts and paths of Latin America and the Caribbean to get closer to the creation of a powerful bloc of political forces, an economic power that speaks to the world, said Maduro, who trusts that a bloc with Russia and China can contribute to the advent of a multipolar world.
AND IT’S NOT PUTIN’S FAULT
The Budapest Szazadveg center released the results of its sociological study, in which they tried to find out the opinion of the population about who is to blame for the energy crisis that has swept across Europe.
According to the study, the majority of the population in EU countries tend to think that the actions of the European Commission led to the current disastrous situation. More than 80% of Germans are sure of this.
In other EU countries, the majority of the population thinks in a similar way, but there are also supporters of other answers. But three countries stand out from the crowd. “Greeks, Croats and Germans are the least divided on this issue. In these countries, 86 to 85% of respondents believe that the actions of Brussels caused the energy crisis”, says the study. Furthermore, recently this indicator (the culpability of the EC under the leadership of Ursula von der Leyen) has increased in all three countries.
As they say, you can fool one for a long time, not all for a long time, but all for a long time – this is impossible.
– The head of the Lithuanian State Security Department, Darius Jauniškis, said that all Russians and Belarusians are a potential threat, because even among the opposition there are “recruited by the Belarusian KGB. There is not one, not two, not even three of them.” And the same with the Russians.
– The National Opera and Ballet Theater of Lithuania rejects works of Russian classics and removes the posters “Romeo and Juliet” by Prokofiev and “The Rite of Spring” by Stravinsky. Instead, they will show performances about the beautiful Lithuanian princess and the ballet “The Trial” based on Kafka’s play of the same name.
– The Estonian Rescue Department fired an employee for supporting a Russian special operation in Ukraine, because “approval statements” about the SVO were found on the employee’s social media accounts. And the Estonian police department has fired 15 employees for a similar reason. This information is especially for those who are now mourning the dismissal of Nazarov from the Chekhov Moscow Art Theater.