Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced that he is running for NATO Secretary General.
Photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
WE ARE CHAMPIONS AND RECORDS. SANCTIONS
Russia has set an absolute world record for sanctions imposed on the planet against our country. if before February 2022 the number of sanctions imposed on Russia was 2,754 restrictions, then after the start of the Special Military Operation in Ukraine their number increased by another 11,327, and now it is … (drum roll) 14,081 sanctions . And tomorrow, the United States plans to announce another new package of sanctions.
At the same time, US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen in Bangalore, India, on the eve of the first G20 meeting of senior financial officials, admitted that she was unpleasantly surprised by the Russian economy: after the introduction of numerous anti-Russian sanctions, is in better condition.
While the sanctions still have a negative impact on Russia, he said, the Russian economy is doing better than initially expected, Yellen acknowledged.
UKRAINE DENOUNCES COOPERATION AGREEMENTS WITH RUSSIA IN THE SEA OF AZOV
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has denounced an agreement with the Russian Federation on cooperation in the use of the Azov Sea and the Kerch Strait. 303 deputies voted for the termination of the agreement, as said the deputy Verkhovna Rada Zheleznyak. Recall that the agreement provided for the freedom of navigation of ships flying the flags of Ukraine and Russia, Russian-Ukrainian cooperation, including joint activities in the field of navigation, including its regulation and support for navigation and hydrographic, the fishing and marine protection. atmosphere.
And how will we be in Azov now without Ukrainians? And if they ban us there?
POLAND AGAINST THE 10TH ANTI-RUSSIAN SANCTIONS PACKAGE
Poland intends to block the adoption of the tenth package of sanctions against Russia. Do not be surprised, but first find out the reason. According to Polish leaders, the proposed sanctions are too weak to affect Russia.
Earlier, the Polish ambassador to the EU said that Warsaw was disappointed with the 10th package of sanctions against Russia, adding that, first of all, the republic was dissatisfied with the lack of restrictive measures against Rosatom. The final decision must be made by the prime minister of the republic, Mateusz Morawiecki.
According to one of the Polish radio stations, “Warsaw’s position has caused concern, as well as irritation in the European Union.”
ENGLISH, EAT THE TURP!
British Environment Minister Teresa Coffey (by the way, the closest friend of former Prime Minister Liz Truss, famous for her “knowledge” in geography, got into a real scandal. Answering the question why some supermarkets British limited sales of cucumbers and tomatoes due to shortages, he said turnips could become an alternative to scarce vegetables.
– It is important to make sure that we appreciate the characteristics that we have in the country. Many people would now eat turnips instead of thinking about lettuce, tomatoes and the like, he told Parliament, adding that he understands the breach of their wishes. – I understand that consumers want year-round choice and this is what our supermarkets, food processors and manufacturers around the world want, the world is trying to meet the demand.
Teresa Coffey, once very body positive, is said to have been in a similar scandal when she suggested that people who struggle for food should work longer hours or improve their professional skills. I remind you that a similar phrase about the fact that if there is no bread, you have to eat cakes, has already made a revolution in a European country. By the way, the author of the expression lost her mind as a result.
MOLDOVAN FOR NEUTRALITY
After the statements of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation about the impending Ukrainian provocations in Transnistria, Moldova became the center of public attention around the world. At the same time, it turned out that recently Intellect Group conducted a survey among citizens of Moldova, trying to find out their political preferences. The image turned out to be very interesting. 43.3% of those surveyed were in favor of “reinforcing military neutrality, developing the army and non-intervention in conflicts”. 16.3% of respondents were in favor of cooperation with the Russian-led CSTO. The course towards European integration was requested by 12.1% of Moldovans. Only 8.7% of the survey participants were in favor of joining NATO, and those who want to join Romania are even fewer – 7.7%. But Ukraine also set an absolute record high here: only 0.7% of those surveyed considered it possible to create a military alliance with it to guarantee security.
No, anything can happen, of course, but fewer statistical errors: you have to manage to be able to do that.
THE CHINESE HAVE ARRIVED AT AMERICAN SANCTIONS
US Assistant Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland told a live Washington Post event that the Biden administration will soon impose its own restrictions on Chinese companies that evade anti-Russian sanctions.
– The Russians have started to import 1000% more laptops, iPhones, dishwashers from third countries… because they can disassemble this equipment to get the advanced chips that we denied them to make more rockets, etc., Nuland was outraged. I wonder where, in this case, we put laptops, washing machines and dishwashers that become garbage?
Vika would still indulge in cookies, cakes, and bagels. She there she was much more professional.
– The G7 countries decided that they would not spend the frozen Russian assets until the end of the war. Of course, if they meet.
– In Kherson, on the third day there is no heating, because there is a breakthrough at the local thermal power plant and water comes out of the network.
– The Russian TV presenter Olga Skabeeva, the Russian company Joint Stock Company “Operating Organization of the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant” and more than 1,200 Russian military have become targets of new sanctions by the Administration of President Joseph Biden.
– The Pentagon has announced a new $2 billion military aid package for Ukraine. There is still no money to eliminate the consequences of the environmental disaster in Ohio.
– The US House Oversight Committee has asked the Department of Defense, the Department of State and the Agency for International Development (USAID), whose inspectors general (auditors) recently returned from Ukraine, for reports on the spending of 113 billion dollars allocated to aid Kiev.
– NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, commenting on the “peace plan” for the solution of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict, presented by Beijing, said that “there is not much confidence in China.” On the move, the soles of the former Ukrainian ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk are tearing.
– As The New York Times reported, Britain has formed a secret task force to buy weapons for Ukraine from various countries around the world.
– The G7 decided to allocate $39 billion for financial and economic support to Ukraine in 2023. The terms of the preferential loan will be announced later. Kyiv asked the IMF for another 10 billion dollars.
– Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced his candidacy for the post of NATO Secretary General. But here he still has to compete with his former colleague Liz Truss. Lord, burn!
– The Verkhovna Rada voted at first reading a bill amending the Labor Code and allowing you to dismiss employees for “insufficient love for Ukraine.”