Photo: Alexander KOTS
GOOD FUNCTION DEBT DESERVES ANOTHER
After selling Zelensky’s fleece at auction in London for £90,000, Ukraine gave British Prime Minister Boris Johnson a gift in return. In Vasylkov, near kyiv, they decided to name one of the streets in honor of Johnson, and in Ternopil, a flower bed near one of the five-story buildings, although not yet officially, but very solemnly, was called Boris Johnson Square. . And they even glued a plywood plate with such an inscription on the flowerbed.
WITH HEELS AND VEST ANNOUNCEMENT
Yulia Tymoshenko, who disappeared from public space for a long time, reappeared in it. And not just anywhere, but in Kharkov, where the leader of “Batkivshchyna” arrived and paraded along the broken asphalt in a bulletproof vest and high heels.
– This is a disaster for you, you need to fix it urgently, – Tymoshenko strictly pointed out to the escort a hole (probably a small funnel) in the asphalt. Which is understandable, few people like to break a heel in such a hole. For some reason, Mrs. Timoshenko did not react to the rest of the destruction. She probably just didn’t see it.
UKRAINIAN REFUGEES TRAPPED IN MOLDOVA
Refugees who fled Ukraine and did not take their passports with them were trapped, in particular, in Moldova. But it seems to be the case in other countries as well. When they left the country, they were allowed to cross the state border on intra-Ukrainian passports, even when they traveled to Moldova. But now, according to these documents, the Moldovan border guards do not allow anyone to return to Ukraine. Since they are guided by their documents, in which such a crossing of the state border is not allowed.
The Moldovan government is now trying to solve this problem by developing some exceptions to the norms of the current legislation specifically for such a precedent.
Last day, several high-ranking officials from the international establishment visited Ukraine at the same time.
The wife of US President Joseph Biden unexpectedly appeared in Uzhgorod in western Ukraine, where, unexpectedly for everyone, she spoke with Zelensky’s wife, who had also not appeared in public since February 24.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appeared in kyiv, from where he traveled to Irpin, where he was shown the destroyed bridge, which the Ukrainians themselves blew up (although, of course, they did not tell him about it). After which he surveyed other destructions and departed quite satisfied.
Bundestag President Berbel Bas was also visiting kyiv. Unlike others, he appeared in front of the journalists’ glasses when he was still getting out of the car. The purpose of his visit was to remember the victims of the Nazis and to hold talks with representatives of the Ukrainian authorities. In particular, he held a meeting with the Prime Minister of Ukraine.
Interestingly, do they really believe in kyiv that the number of visits by foreign guests will definitely become the quality of the successes of the Ukrainian army on the battlefield?
“AZOV” REALIZED THAT IT IS LEAKED
After Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vereshchuk’s statement yesterday that the peaceful evacuation of hostages from Azovstal in Mariupol was completed and no elderly, children or women remained, Komsomolskaya Pravda wrote yesterday that by doing so, kyiv gave the “green light” to the destruction of the Nazi “Azov” battalion and the remnants of the 36th Separate Marine Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
On Sunday, the “Azov” command gave a kind of press conference, during which the current battalion commanders, apparently realizing that they were sentenced in kyiv, tried to refute Vereshchuk’s statements, saying that they could not confirm unequivocally the release of all civilian hostages.
Which is understandable: I really want to live.
Meanwhile, Zelensky once again confirmed the death sentence for Azov.
“Unblocking Mariupol by military means is now impossible, this requires heavy weapons, which the Ukrainian Armed Forces do not have,” he said on Sunday, responding to a “press conference.”
LISBON COMES TO HELP
The Portuguese government decided to send 15 M113A armored personnel carriers purchased from the United States as assistance to Ukraine and, in addition to them, five more towed howitzers due to the lack of heavy artillery in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Thus, Lisbon significantly lowered the combat readiness and combat capability of its own army. Since the country does not have weapons stockpiles, all the mentioned equipment will be withdrawn from active combat units for transfer to Ukraine.
But deliveries from Germany of German self-propelled anti-aircraft guns “Gepard” are unlikely to take place in the foreseeable future, since the German government has not yet been able to find shells for 35mm guns in the required quantity. .
EVALUATE THE VOLUME OF RECOVERY WORKS IN MARIUPOL
In the liberated Mariupol for about a week (if not more) units of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, equipped with special equipment, have been working. After the demining of the territory by army sappers, the EMERCOM combatants carry out tasks of clearing debris and cleaning the streets, if necessary. And on May 8, the liberated Mariupol and Volnovakha were visited by Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Government Marat Khusnullin and DPR chief Denis Pushilin (the latter, it seems, happens there almost daily). They assessed the amount of upcoming restoration work in the city.
– We visited Volnovakha and Mariupol with Russian Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin to assess the volume of restoration work, as well as to outline the approaches of the construction process. They must be non-standard, since we expect a construction of an unprecedented scale in a very short time, – Pushilin reported on the results of the trip. In particular, one of the main transshipment base sites should be the port of Mariupol, which should start operations within the next month. Recall that the former Minister of Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Russia, Irek Fayzullin, visited Mariupol, who said that his department plans to help in the restoration of Mariupol.
– In Berlin, the police took a giant Ukrainian flag to the active Svidomites, which is prohibited from displaying on the streets of the city on May 8 and 9 to avoid provoking conflict situations.
– In several Russian cities there will be streets named after the defending heroes of Donbass.
– In the US, six blacks were charged with stealing bulletproof vests bound for Ukraine.
– The Permanent Representatives of the EU, according to Bloomberg, on Sunday again failed to reach an agreement on new sanctions against the Russian Federation, in particular, due to the position of Hungary.
– The G7 leaders declared their intention to “prevent victory” of Russia in Ukraine. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, in particular, said: “Fear must not paralyze us. Putin will not win the war.” Paradoxically, this is very similar to the famous mantra, which morphs from a promise: “I won’t screw it up” into an after-the-fact self-confidence: “It’s not me.”
*The article has been translated based on the content of www.kp.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!