Photo: Andrei Minaev
During the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), the head of Ingushetia, Mahmud-Ali Kalimatov, visited the studio of Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda.
– Mahmud-Ali Maksharipovich, tell us about potential growth points for the economy of Ingushetia.
– A systematic approach to economics has brought results. We have decided with companies that relationships must be transparent. They asked the control authorities not to put pressure on businessmen for no reason. Rape? No questions. In the new case of biased attitude, if a component of corruption is suspected, the authorities will intervene within the legal framework. At the same time, the company must act in accordance with the law: land and property must be registered, and other state requirements must be met.
The next moment: in the republic the number of small and medium-sized companies that have come out of the shadows has quadrupled. The reason is that we have reduced the tax burden on them from 6 to 2 percent. To do this, a bill was submitted to the parliament of the republic. He actively influenced the growth of the economy.
– In September 2022 the economic forum “Business Ingushetia” was held. How successful was it?
– More than 120 participants signed contracts for 4 billion. Naturally, companies in the republic also exhibited, and we have clothing, footwear, and metal products. In the region, a poultry complex for 5,000 tons of turkey was put into operation in a year and a half to two years, and the agro-industrial complex is for vegetables. As a result, the republic increased the collection of rents and taxes from 3.3 to 9.2 billion. I mean, sometimes! Subsequently, we visited the investment forum in Mineralnye Vody, where Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Vladimirovich Mishustin made a serious assessment of our work.
You see, Ingushetia is a small republic compared to other regions. What is 20 kilometers of new road? In Moscow or Kazan, they may not be noticed. And when we built it, people reacted almost tearfully. Because it hasn’t happened in over 100 years.
A month ago I held a meeting of the investment council, the economy in the republic has improved in all areas. But more importantly, if we asked investors to come to us before, this time we turned down three of the requests.
– I mean, now you don’t even choose?
– Good. For example, they say: we are going to produce batteries. I have a question: is there an ecological conclusion? They look at each other. No, I mean, our life is based on cleanliness, organic products, water and air.
As a result, they gave permission for three projects. The Rostov business is gone. An elevator and a flour mill for 100,000 tons of flour are built. The second project is a liquefied gas production plant and a network of service stations. The third is the production of treatment facilities.
– What gives the republic?
– We have a private sector, and the population density is second only to Moscow. We have only 3,630 square kilometers of land. All! Therefore, when we study this situation, we pay attention to the environmental component. Investors came to us and initially opened a workshop for the production of local treatment facilities. That is, to the country house, to a private house, to any production. And now we have given them an industrial site, so in a year or two they will put up a complete plant.
Why were you interested? If you look geographically, Ingushetia is located, as it were, in the middle: Chechnya and Dagestan are on the right, Azerbaijan is further away, and North Ossetia, Kabardino-Balkaria are on the left. They studied the logistics, they say: we were offered to build there and there, but it is beneficial for us with you. In fact, their orders came from neighboring regions, as far as I know, even with Azerbaijan there are more than 130 contracts for treatment facilities. I mean, you guessed this situation… Why am I talking about this? Since the obstacles in terms of control and supervision bodies or the corruption component are minimal, it is profitable to work with us.
-What new tourist projects are being developed in the republic?
– To date, 700 thousand people have passed, for a small republic this is powerful. Of these, only 160-170 thousand are locals … Climbers two or three times a year gather 200 people, move up the categories, train. We brought our schools there to train climbers, because the area is mountainous.
Tourism lacked infrastructure. To date, more than 15 campsites have been built. If you are on the road, before you could not even find water. Now they have made small sites along the roads, small and medium-sized businesses have risen up, local residents have come out. We are well prepared. They began to offer different dishes: flour, meat. You can also stop. We noticed that people came to us from Kislovodsk and Pyatigorsk. They ate, they rested. We calculate: we left more than a hundred rubles.
Now we are actively developing the tourism sector. Now we have five innovative programs, he personally defended Mikhail Vladimirovich Mishustin, he supported us. Until 2030, more than 12 billion rubles have been allocated to expand the tourist center of the republic. These are picturesque places: Elbrus, more than 2500 meters above sea level … Sports training is well established. Muscovites and Petersburgers come, then they return to the plain and win
Later, another way was invented. We turn to the residents: it happens that the children have separated, the house is large, a private house in the village; decided: let’s do guest houses? We have included them in the tourist route, a dozen have already appeared. People give phones, call, especially often with children who come there. The hostess cooks for them, whatever they need will help. I said – choose such a form so that you can put a washing machine and a good refrigerator. We will help you buy. You know, travelers queue up.
Of course, we consult with people who have lived there for centuries. I think we have good tourism potential. We depend on tourism.