Governor of the Khabarovsk Territory Mikhail Degtyarev
Photo: Vladimir VELENGURIN
On Wednesday, September 20, my friends sent me a report from DPRK television about Kim Jong-un’s visit to Russia. (watch video). I turned to the governor of the Khabarovsk Territory, Mikhail Degtyarev, to ask him to comment on these shots. (Let me remind you that the leader of the DPRK was in this region on September 15. – AG)
… – Mikhail Vladimirovich, this is Alexander Gamov, Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda.
– Hello. I am on my way through the region (Khabarovsk – AG). The advantage is great.
– And I’m on my way. I love talking to my heroes when they’re on the road, and I’m on the road. I’m calling? DPRK television presented a rather comprehensive and interesting report on Comrade Kim Jong-un’s stay in Komsomolsk-on-Amur. Such a little person is present here. I mean, the distinguished guest is so unusual, he smiles all the time, he is very friendly and the people around him and the people who greet him are all very friendly. Before publishing these photographs, I would like to present to you his feelings, precisely in this regard.
– I can immediately notice that the inhabitants of Komsomolsk-on-Amur, where Kim Jong-un was, and our entire region reacted to this event with great interest. We warmly greet the leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. This is not the first visit by the leaders of this state.
20 years ago, the father of the highly respected Comrade Kim Jong-un, Kim Jong-il, was at the aircraft factory. And in 1984, Kim Jong-un’s grandfather, the great leader Kim Il Sung, passed through Khabarovsk. He was then welcomed by the young pioneers. He met with the leader of the region, the first secretary of the regional committee of the CPSU, Alexei Klementievich Cherny.
– Yes, I remember… Do you know why I am pleased to discuss this topic with you? Because in July 2000 I was among the journalists who covered Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit to Pyongyang.
– Relations between our countries are very good, friendly, this is our neighbor. We show the distinguished guest our best achievements. First of all, the Superjet fighter aircraft, which we also produce.
The DPRK leader took a detailed interest in the details of the production. It was clear that he knew engineering topics very well. (Mikhail Degtyarev was among those who accompanied the distinguished guest in Komsomolsk-on-Amur. – AG)
I think the guest was particularly impressed by the demonstration of acrobatic maneuvers by our aces.
– Judging by the pictures we are publishing now, you were able to meet and talk with the leader of the DPRK. In the report not only this, there are general photographs. It seems that the meetings were very emotional…
– Yes it is. There are photographs there. Have you seen them? – the children were welcomed with flags. And our beauties brought bread and salt to our dear guest. Everything is as it should be according to Russian tradition.
And, as Korean journalists said, our schoolgirl from Komsomolsk-on-Amur “presented a bouquet of fragrant flowers.”
– Tell me, will there be some kind of continuation? I mean, perhaps you have already spoken with Comrade Kim Jong-un about continuing cooperation… Also, if there are such traditions, and for you, in general, this is no longer a sensation, but a tradition – the presence of the Korean leader.
– Well, this remains the prerogative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the highest political leadership of our country: relations between States and peoples. If the order comes from above, we will further develop our relations. Time will show…
But they will surely develop in a positive way.
– By the way, the governor also smiles everywhere. Apparently, our Korean colleagues did not specifically select such personnel, but, probably, this was the case all along?
– Well, you saw that Comrade Kim Jong-un also often smiled, joked, has a wonderful sense of humor.
So, riding this wave of ours, I wish all the listeners and readers of Komsomolskaya Pravda the best. Come to the Khabarovsk Territory.
– Thank you so much. Did you say “Komsomolskaya Pravda dreamers” or “readers”?
– To the readers. Well, also dreamers. Now I will read you a quatrain by Nikolai Dobronravov (may he rest in heaven).
I have to dream
Children of the eagle tribe!
We have the strength and the will to become
Heroes of our time!
– Thank you very much, Mikhail Vladimirovich. I’m sorry to interrupt you at work. Good luck!