A huge load falls on the stomach and pancreas, doctors remind
On the New Year, our festive feast lasts almost a day: we begin to warm up in the morning on December 31, and end in the morning on January 1. Not all digestive systems will successfully withstand such a marathon. According to medical data, the main complaints are heaviness, discomfort, bloating, abdominal pain and even indigestion. To get rid of unpleasant symptoms, doctors recommend taking three main groups of drugs with you (see below). It is recommended to consult the doctor about its intake in each case. Alternatively, you can use mobile applications for medical consultations. And, of course, carefully read the instructions – do you have any contraindications?
1. Remedies for heartburn. These are drugs from the antacid group: Gastal, Rennie, Almagel, Maalox.
2. Enzyme preparations (to help the functioning of the pancreas): Festal, Creon, Mezim, Pancreatin.
3. Preparations to relieve spasms of the intestines and bile ducts: duspatalin, No-shpa, papaverine.
What else could be useful:
– if poisoning is suspected (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) – enterosorbent preparations: Smecta, Polysorb, Enterosgel, activated carbon;
– in case of an allergy attack (for example, to certain foods) – antihistamines: suprastin, tavegil, cetirizine, loratadine;
– with exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, pancreatitis, functional dyspepsia) due to acute, fatty, smoked proton pump inhibitor (PPI) drugs: omeprazole, pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole,