Russian President Vladimir Putin during a meeting with UN Secretary General António Guterres in the Kremlin. Photo: Vladimir Astapkovich/POOL/TASS
Vladimir Putin had a very interesting conversation with the UN Secretary General António Guterres (which is why the Portuguese flew to Moscow). For the first time, we were shown almost live how a politician, literally on a global level, argues with the president about a special operation in Ukraine. Guterres, for example, mentioned that Russia had invaded Ukraine. Putin disagreed and gave the arguments to him.
It is clear that Putin had similar conversations before. Since the end of February, he has repeatedly communicated with the heads of other states, including Western ones. But until today we did not know all the details of the talks.
IT’S THAT OR GENOCIDE
– I know your concern about the special operation. I note that the whole problem arose after the 2014 coup in Ukraine. This is an obvious fact. You can call the events in kyiv in different ways, but there was an unconstitutional coup. So the inhabitants of Crimea and Sevastopol made their choice. They did the same as the inhabitants of Kosovo in the past, they decided for independence. Only in Kosovo was it done by the decision of parliament, and Crimea, in a national referendum, Putin started the story of a special operation, as they say, from the stove.
The president then reminded the UN secretary general that Kyiv had twice tried to solve the Donbass issue by force and eventually abandoned the implementation of the Minsk agreements.
– We were forced to recognize the independence of Donbass. This is a necessary measure to end the suffering of the people. Colleagues in the West preferred not to notice the genocide of ordinary people, the Russian leader added.
WE KNOW – WHO ORGANIZED THE BUCHA
The head of state assured Guterres that Moscow still has the opportunity to end the conflict through diplomacy.
– We are negotiating, moreover, we managed to achieve a breakthrough in Istanbul. Our Ukrainian colleagues did not associate Ukraine’s security requirements with Ukraine’s recognized borders, leaving out Crimea, Sevastopol, and the Republic of Donbass. But after that we are faced with a provocation in Bucha, in which the Russian army has nothing to do. We know who organized the provocation in Bucha… Ukraine’s position changed after that, they moved away from their intentions. They just refused to do it,” Putin explained.
– We were told that these issues must be resolved at a meeting of heads of state. It is clear to us that if we attribute this to the level of the heads of state without first deciding them, they will never be resolved and will not be resolved, he added.
UN DOES NOT RECOGNIZE KOSOVO
– I understand that Russia has a number of claims. But they must be resolved by the instruments of the UN Charter. We firmly believe that the violation of the territorial integrity of any country is completely incompatible with the UN Charter. We believe there has been an invasion of Ukraine’s territory,” Guterres said in response.
Secretary General of the UN, António Guterres. Photo: Vladimir Astapkovich/POOL/TASS
The Secretary General said that the organization is ready to help with the humanitarian negotiations between Moscow and kyiv, so that all humanitarian corridors work 100%.
– Regarding the invasion… I read all the UN documents on the situation in Kosovo. I recall the court’s decision that when exercising the right to self-determination, the territory is not required to apply for permission from the central authorities of the country. This is the decision of the international court! This decision was supported by everyone: I personally read all the comments from the US, Europe. All supported, – said the president.
– If this is so, then the Donbass republics have the same right, without resorting to kyiv, to declare their sovereignty. The precedent has been set. Do you agree with this? Putin asked.
“The UN does not recognize Kosovo,” Guterres replied.
– But the court recognized. If a precedent is created, the Donbass republics can also use it. We have the right to recognize their independence. This is what many countries have done with regard to Kosovo. We did the same with Donbass”, explained the head of the country.
NAZIS IN MARIUPOL – LIKE ISIS*
It seemed that the Russian leader himself was interested in arguing and convincing the UN Secretary General.
– Let’s discuss now! – In the heat of the moment said the president.
He then described to his colleague how things really are in Mariupol. Guterres had previously mentioned that fighting was still going on there.
– The Azovstal plant is completely isolated. I gave the order not to conduct assault operations there. Yes, we heard from the Ukrainian authorities that there are civilians there. But then the Ukrainian army servicemen are forced to release them, or act as terrorists, like ISIS in Syria, hiding behind the civilian population, the president noted.
Putin assured that all the surrendered Ukrainian soldiers are in normal conditions. Nothing happens to them. Guterres was immediately offered to personally look at the contents of the prisoners.
– In Mariupol the situation is complex and tragic, but it is simple. We just have to let everyone out. The city has already left 130 thousand people, they went where they wanted. An example of a civilized attitude is obvious: you can talk to these people yourself, – suggested the President to the Secretary General.
Tomorrow, the UN Secretary General went to kyiv to talk about the same thing with Zelensky there.
*Terrorist organization banned in Russia
Military special operation in Ukraine April 26, 2022: live online broadcast
The kp.ru website publishes online the latest news about the Russian military special operation in Ukraine on April 26, 2022 (more)
Underground city under Azovstal: the whole truth about the bunkers of the Mariupol fortress plant
KP special correspondent Dmitry Steshin found out what the shelters of the Azovstal giant plant actually are, who sits in them and how much they have left to hide (further)
Maria Zakharova – “Komsomolskaya Pravda”: The kyiv regime had the opportunity to preserve the integrity of Ukraine. now it’s gone
The official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry went to the studio of Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda (97.2FM) to answer questions about the special military operation and Russophobia in the West (more)
Mutilated bodies and weapons under the rubble: how rescuers collect Mariupol from the fragments
Vladimir Velengurin’s photo report of the ruined city (details)
*The article has been translated based on the content of www.kp.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!