In his address to the Federal Assembly, the President of Russia made a number of key statements
Photo: Vladimir VELENGURIN
We turned to leading Russian political scientists for comment. This is what Alexander Asafov, a political observer, said:
Let’s start with the general impressions.
– Come on. Unlike the previous ones, this message turned out to be more emotional. The president expressed his gratitude to the heroes of the special operation. I remembered the children who write letters to the soldiers in the Donbass. He especially singled out those involved in the defense industry. And he would point to this piercing thank-you note from the head of state to his defenders as the general tone of the message.
What else was really important?
– The President devoted two thirds of his message to the future. He spoke about the development prospects of the industry and about social elevators. Even for participants in the NWO and for residents of new territories. He talked about how we will live and develop. It was not only a summary, but also a designation of directions for future work in the coming decades.
– Were there any surprises?
– Maybe it’s the suspension of the START treaty. This is a demonstration of understanding of the world situation. We are aware of the preparations for early action by the Americans. Here, the story related to the START provisions is a very clear message to the West. It is important to consider the causes of what happened. And the fact that the current actions of the West – were prepared with the perspective of many years.
– Is the withdrawal of START the most resonant story of the message?
– She is loud. But she needs clarification. And we must understand that this is not a withdrawal from the START treaty, but a suspension of participation in it. Actions in support of the mobilized are also important for Russia. And the initiative of 14 days of vacation in a period of six months for them. I would also highlight the initiatives to normalize life, everything related to the social obligations of the state, education, social and medical support.
– Shall we not deviate from the Constitution?
– No. And the elections of all levels of municipal and regional authorities are preserved. The block on the development of the country and on the new accents was important. About the fact that entrepreneurs can occupy new niches. And about the fact that there are two ways of doing business: either you make an ideological choice and support your country, or you leave it and leave it.
– Did the President forget someone?
– No one – neither teachers, nor educators, nor businessmen, nor the military. And this is very important.