Political scientist Shapovalov believes that the West will be forced to listen to Putin’s message
Photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
Vladimir Shapovalov, Deputy Director of the Institute of History and Politics of the Moscow State Pedagogical University, commented on the message of the President of Russia to the Federal Assembly on Radio KP
– What did the President mean, speaking of the national traitors, that we are not going to start a witch hunt?
– Well, such is the peculiarity of Russia. In general, we are not the type of country that organizes a witch hunt. But those who betrayed their homeland will be punished according to the law.
So tell me who are these people?
– These are not those who deliberately went to betray the interests of the fatherland, but those who took a cowardly position. He maybe he left the country for a while, planning to sit in a “safe haven”.
– But Russia is not fighting those who did not directly betray the country, right?
– Of course not. But there are many who are not aware of Moscow’s position. Unlike Western countries, Ukraine, for example, where all Russian-speakers are persecuted, is persecuted by the opposition.
– In Ukraine, all opposition parties are closed, and this is more than 40. And all Russian-language media are closed. There is no such thing in Russia and never will be. And it is in this sense that I see the President’s statement. Also, traitors, of course, must be tried.
– Is this not only a message to the Federal Assembly, but also an appeal to the collective West?
– The president’s statement that no one in Russia sympathized with those who lost their yachts and palaces in Europe and America is a serious sign. I think this is one of the most powerful emotional parts of the message.
– Another explanation of why a special military operation began – for whom?
– The entire complex of causes and conditions that led to the emergence of the crisis is presented. The appeal is also an important signal to the West.
– But will the West listen?
– He will be forced to listen. Those three hours that Biden was allowed to stay in kyiv, it was Russia that allowed him. And this is an important moment, testifying to the alignment of forces that exists in the world now.
– Is the Russian president’s message food for the minds of leading analysts in the West and East?
– This is the most important event in the global information space. All the politicians, all the experts in the West will analyze it carefully, they will analyze each of its fragments. Will they hear the main thing? Hardly. The West today is not capable of dialogue. Well, there is no such potential. But it is possible that sooner or later the interests of Western society, Western citizens will lead to the fact that the most responsible politicians will come to power. But unfortunately, not now.