On his birthday, March 2, the former prime minister congratulated Komsomolskaya Pravda Radio on the start of its broadcasts in Mariupol and Lugansk
Photo: Alexey BULATOV
… – Sergey Vadimovich, good morning!
– I’m listening.
– This is Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda. And, we can say that – and the Donbass radio. Because at noon on February 23 we started broadcasting to Mariupol. And – yesterday, at noon, – in Lugansk.
– I congratulate my “Komsomolskaya Pravda” on this event.
– We will continue to listen to the radio “Komsomolskaya Pravda” from kyiv.
– This is today’s headline… Maybe you can tell us the exact date, Sergey Vadimovich?
– The time will come anyway.
Because, after all, for me the concept of Kievan Rus is not just history, it is the essence of our country.
Then everything will be fine, trust me.
– I believe, of course! Well, I will introduce our radio listeners, who do not know, to Sergei Stepashin, Chairman of the Public Council of the Ministry of Construction, Head of the Imperial Orthodox Palestinian Society and former Prime Minister of the Russian Federation.
– All coined with precision.
– And I would like to continue the conversation – again, on the topic of Mariupol. Just the other day, Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin, whom we met a week ago in Gostiny Dvor, after the president’s message … (He later said that he spent a month in Mariupol in a year). And just yesterday, he advanced such interesting figures that there, less than this year, 15 new apartment buildings have already started up. Why else did I call you? You were there, in Mariupol, not long ago…
– Yes, I actually saw these houses, even handed over the keys to the residents, visited the apartments.
By the way, wonderful apartments, many of them are even equipped with furniture, partly because it is clear that the residents who suffered during the hostilities lost, in fact, everything.
The fact that Marat Khusnullin was there for a month, I know firsthand. We are constantly in contact with him.
– No, a month in total, he spent a year there.
– Yes, Marat Shakirzyanovich was one of the first to get there and set up a working system, which is very important.
And it’s not just about building new homes. You have just given a figure: 15 houses have been commissioned. And another fifteen hundred houses (not all of them were destroyed there) are connected to heat.
In fact, Sash, all the houses where our citizens live today, I stress our citizens, are connected to heat.
Several boiler rooms have been built, including stationary ones.
There is gas, electricity, heat…
That is, a daunting task has been accomplished. So…
Remember, I told you once in December, in two years, well, the builders say in three, but I still think that in two years, Mariupol will be without a trace of conflict? And in three it will be one of the most beautiful cities in Azov.
– Clear. At the same time, a completely cool report was published in Komsomolskaya Pravda – 18 photos of our famous military commander Dima Steshin and the assistants who traveled with you, and pictures from news agencies, including TASS.
– Well, we tried to help our favorite newspaper. (laughs)
– But, you know, what number did I get? While on the other side they say how many tanks, missiles have arrived … And we have such information – from the same Khusnullin – “more than 900 teams and more than 30 thousand builders are involved in the restoration and construction of facilities in new regions. .”.
– Yes, only in Mariupol there are more than 30 thousand builders, moreover, from all regions of the country. We had such an experience. Well, those who remember – this is my generation, at least – when the terrible earthquake happened in Tashkent, all the republics of the Soviet Union united in the restoration of the city.
And now the same thing is happening in Mariupol: not only houses are being built there, but a wonderful theater is being restored, a tram will soon be launched, the zoo will start working, children’s institutions, the sports hall and the stadium will be opened. they are rebuilding. restored
By the way, there is a good football team there, I think that one day they will play with us in the Russian Premier League.
Well, by the way, I looked, because there is a magnificent recreation area. Great beaches, beautiful sea.
So, Mariupol has a good future, I am absolutely convinced of this. It will be a completely different and beautiful city.
– What is the soccer team? Do you play better than Dynamo?
– We won’t comment on Dynamo now, especially since we didn’t beat Wings yesterday. (The meeting with “Wings of the Soviets” ended with a score of 1: 1. – AG)
– Shall we cut it or leave it?
– You can go.
– You have become a little sad… (Stepashin is a member of the Board of Directors of FC Dynamo). Sorry for such a tactless question… Sergey Vadimovich, taking advantage of the fact that both Luhansk and Mariupol are listening to you now…
– I think that Donetsk, and maybe Kiev, will also quietly listen to us … By the way, the most interesting thing is that when I gave an interview in Mariupol in December, my comrades told me later, but my friends still remained in Ukraine, even in Kiev showed.
And, curiously, without malice. It turns out that we are restoring the city and doing good to the people. Maybe something human has moved there in the media from the other side?
– Taking advantage of the fact that Mariupol is now listening to Stepashin, what would you like to convey to our citizens? Right at this minute.
– Calm sky, of course. Secondly, it is also necessary to restore industrial potential – this was one of the most important metallurgical centers in the Soviet Union.
And – so that the sores of the conflict pass as soon as possible. I am very worried about those people who, of course, have suffered.
I saw their eyes, even when I handed them the keys to the new apartments… In general, people smile like that, but the longing is noticeable. Well, not even longing, but such sadness in the eyes. It should have happened earlier.
And of course, first of all, I would like to wish these wonderful people peace and goodness.
– Thank you very much, Sergei Vadimovich. Yes, by the way – (I am talking to radio listeners) – today, March 2, is the birthday of my hero, Sergei Stepashin. Sergey Vadimovich, so, on behalf of the listeners of Komsomolskaya Pravda radio, including those in Mariupol, Lugansk (and in total we have more than 400 broadcast cities), can I congratulate you right now on the air?
– In fact, you know my formula, it is, in general, still from tsarist Russia. Birthday is a holiday, first of all, for parents. Thanks to Bon, my mother is still alive, so I’m still a young man…
– Tell me, does Lyudmila Sergeevna listen to Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda?
– Listen, watch television and read newspapers. So I’ve got her done right, even though she’s going to be March 21 soon, she’ll be 95 years old.
– Lyudmila Sergeevna, can you hear us? Radio “Komsomolskaya Pravda” congratulates him on the birthday of his wonderful son! Sergey Vadimovich, thank you very much for always answering so early. And one more question: how will you celebrate your birthday today? How are you starting your morning now?
– Yes, the calls were in the morning, so I got up early, as they say, and nothing special, this is not an anniversary. Granddaughter, son, wife – in fact, that’s all.
– Did you postpone physical exercises, yes, or a run, due to the fact that we are calling you?
– Yes, immediately after Komsomolskaya Pravda I will go to study.
– And what, what exercises specifically?
– At first I have such a brisk walk for an hour, then a set of exercises.
– Wow, you’ve been hanging around for an hour, haven’t you?
– Yes. This is the time to go.