“Self-care begins with an attentive attitude to one’s own health. Regular examinations make it possible to have information about the state of the body, identify pathologies in time and start their treatment,” said Svetlana Strigunkova, the first deputy head of the Moscow government. Region.
Since the beginning of the year, 125,000 inhabitants of the region have undergone medical examinations and professional examinations. Thanks to the examinations, 4.4 thousand diseases were detected for the first time, including 119 cases of oncological diseases.
Oncoscreening – early detection of malignant neoplasms at an asymptomatic stage – is an important condition for the prevention of cancer, it increases the chances of a positive outcome of treatment. During the medical examination, a visual examination is carried out by a doctor and studies are carried out for the early detection of the most common types of cancer.
You can check your health not only in polyclinics: in remote areas of the region, diagnostics are carried out using mobile complexes, the regional Ministry of Health noted.
Which studies for oncoscreening purposes are included in the clinical examination
The first stage of the dispensary:
– a survey to identify complaints;
– Questioning to establish existing chronic diseases, risk factors;
– examination of the skin and mucous membranes, palpation of the subcutaneous lymph nodes, thyroid gland;
– in women – gynecological examination, taking smears; women over the age of 18 must visit a gynecologist at least once a year, but a smear from the cervix for oncocytology (or a Pap smear) is performed according to compulsory health insurance once every 3 years;
– Mammography (an X-ray method of examining the mammary glands) is performed once every 2 years in patients aged 40 to 75:
– annual chest X-ray – helps detect lung cancer;
– The detection of cancer of the esophagus and intestines in men and women who do not have a burdensome history, do not suffer from chronic diseases, is carried out from the age of 40. Includes an analysis of feces for occult blood by the immunochemical method once every 2 years for patients 40-64 years old, 1 time a year, at the age of 65-75 years:
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy is performed at the age of 45 years.
– The examination of healthy men is recommended for the early diagnosis of prostate cancer at the age of 45 to 64 years. To do this, use a blood test to determine the protein concentration of prostate specific antigen (abbreviated as PSA) at the age of 45, 50, 55, 60 and 64 years.
Second stage of the dispensary:
The basis for referral for further examination is the identification of diseases or suspicion of diseases during the first stage of the medical examination. At this stage, the patient may be prescribed:
– X-ray or CT scan of the chest for suspected lung cancer;
– colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy in case of suspected intestinal tumor;
– esophagogastroduodenoscopy at any age (tumors of the esophagus, stomach);
– consultation of a surgeon (urologist) with a PSA value above 4 ng / ml for men;
– consultation of an obstetrician-gynecologist for women in case of detection of pathology of the cervix during the examination;
– referral for consultation with an oncologist if a malignancy is detected or suspected.
Important! Cancer detection (including all expensive studies) within the framework of medical examinations is free, regardless of whether the citizen is working or not. If you have questions, you can call the insurance company.