The Russian missile “Dagger” destroyed the American anti-aircraft missile system “Patriot” in kyiv.
On Tuesday night, Russia dealt a heavy blow to military installations in kyiv, destroying the “invincible” US “Patriot” anti-aircraft missile system. A video of the chaotic firing of an American air defense system and the ensuing explosion hitting the network, was posted by Ukrainian singer Inna Voronova. We talked about what exactly happened with Yuri Knutov, a military expert, director of the Museum of the Air Defense Forces.
– How did you manage to destroy the vaunted American air defense system?
– During the raid on kyiv, military facilities were destroyed, including the bases of the IRIS-T (Germany) and Patriot (USA) anti-aircraft missile systems. The position of the Patriot complex was recognized in advance and a fatal blow was dealt to it by a Dagger missile. It has a great speed, from 6 to 8 movements, so it is invulnerable. And the high accuracy of the defeat – during the tests, the rocket hit a passenger car. Due to the high kinetic energy, it can even reach a shelter located at great depths. Any object in the path of this rocket turns to dust and dust.
– How exactly was the air raid carried out?
– It was a complex attack from different sides. Drones, Caliber missiles, winged Kh-101 and, most likely, even high-precision Kh-555 were used. The attack put the Ukrainian air defense in a difficult position. If you look at the posted images, there is a panic rocket firing. Such consumption of missiles speaks of low technical training and panic at the command post of the Ukrainian air defense.
– Why didn’t the Patriot complex repel our missile attack?
– If it could, then the Raytheon company, which produces it, would not be developing a new radar, would not be working on new missiles. And they are actively working, creating systems against hypersound. But so far the “Patriot” is not able to hit such a target. There were embarrassing cases where the Patriots couldn’t even shoot down ballistic missiles and other targets. In Saudi Arabia, drones did not work, an oil refinery was disabled.
– And, at least in theory, can the “Patriot” shoot down the “Dagger”?
– I’m sure not. Perhaps the Patriot Pak-3 complex in the anti-missile version could work on the Dagger, but at a speed of Mach 6 to Mach 8, it is necessary for the anti-missile to have a speed of Mach 4, no less, plus maneuverability characteristics. . The Americans do not have such missiles. And I think that they did not deliver the Pak-3 to Ukraine, but the older versions, which hardly see the Kinzhal missiles.
– How do you feel about the statements of the Ukrainians that they still shot down the “Dagger”?
– It’s false. The head part in the pictures is different. Perhaps from the Iskander missile, the predecessor of the Kinzhal, and not shot down, but hit the target. What could the Ukrainians theoretically do to show photos of the wreckage of the Kinzhal? Not so long ago, the command post of Ukraine and NATO was destroyed, located at a depth of 30 meters. Up to 300 Ukrainian and NATO servicemen were killed. It was necessary to sort the rubble and recover the bodies, sending them to the countries where these officers came from. Remains can be found. The head of the rocket is made of a particularly strong alloy, and the explosion occurred underground, something could have been preserved. They showed us the remains of the head part and other parts. The parts are crumpled, crumpled, if an anti-missile hit them, these fragments would look different, they would be in better condition.
– How many “daggers” were fired during the attack: one or six, according to Ukrainian sources?
– We have no official information. And Ukraine can do illusions to show the effectiveness of the American air defense system. They do not admit their serious defeats.
– What do you think, how significant is this victory?
Imagine a complex valued at over a billion dollars! While there is no information, it was completely disabled or it can be restored, but in any case, this is a powerful blow. A billion dollars went down the drain and Ukraine suffered heavy losses.
BY THE WAY
Singer Inna Voronova, who posted a video of the inglorious death of the American “Patriot”, has already been forced by Ukrainian patriots to publicly apologize for her “reckless act”. The girl had to delete the video. Voronova is the ex-wife of Ukrainian businessman Yuri Chernetsky, who was sentenced to 5 years. Before his arrest, Chernetsky supplied drugs to Ukrainian officials, deputies of the Verkhovna Rada and almost Zelensky himself.
Oleksandr Kots: AFU will strike on the flanks to try to surround Artemivsk itself (more information)
“Dagger” won a duel in Ukraine with the vaunted American missile defense system: Strike on Patriot – Russian response to Zelensky
Military expert Dandykin said that the attack with “Daggers” on Patriot is the Russian response to Zelensky (more)