Russian President Vladimir Putin during a meeting with Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin in the Kremlin. Photo: Mikhail Klimentiev / Press Service of the President of the Russian Federation / TASS
Vladimir Putin met with Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin in the Kremlin. A rare case: the president did not name a single weak point in the region. On the contrary, he praised the “powerful development.” Well, the mayor talked about the progress of the renovation, the construction of the subway, the renovation of the clinics. But first things first:
The great circular metro line is about to be inaugurated along its entire length.
– Now we have completely finished it and in the next few days we want to open it. This is the largest highway in the world among all the metro lines of the ring, – noted Sobyanin, inviting the head of the country to the solemn launch of trains.
Two new central diameters of Moscow are almost ready: MCD-3 (from Zelenograd to Ramenskoye) and MCD-4 (from Aprelevka to Zheleznodorozhny, plus almost all the city’s railway stations). The move is scheduled to begin this year.
– One such project is being implemented today in London, it has been implemented for twenty years, it is considered the largest infrastructure project in Europe. We have implemented two similar ones and we will launch two more this year”, added the mayor of Moscow.
By December, it is planned to complete the South Chord and the second stage of the Moscow High-Speed Diameter, connecting the scarf to St. Petersburg with the highway to Kazan.
– Powerful development of Moscow, powerful, – praised Putin.
– 100,000 inhabitants have already been resettled – an entire city. But this is only the beginning of this huge program, in the next three years we will relocate another 200,000. Ultimately, our task is to relocate about a million residents, – the mayor spoke about the progress of the renovation.
In addition, conventional construction is also growing. Five years ago, some 3 million square meters of homes were built per year, and now almost double.
The mayor said that there are many polyclinics in the capital, built in the 50s and 60s. There are even those that were built immediately after the war. Many of them have fallen into disrepair. Therefore, the city began a complete program of renovation of the building.
– We are rebuilding all this fund of the dilapidated polyclinic. In fact, only one frame remains, everything else is new, and new clinics are being created on this place,” Sobyanin said.
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin during a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Photo: Mikhail Klimentiev / Press Service of the President of the Russian Federation / TASS
“Practically, the renovation is, in fact, deep,” the president noted.
By the end of 2023, 200 polyclinics out of 400 in Moscow will be renovated.
– We also take care of all the other buildings, we provide good and solid equipment, we bring them to the standards, – the mayor assured.
Sergei Semenovich said that one of the world’s largest databases with information on people’s health has been created in Moscow. Help artificial intelligence learn to make diagnoses.
– 9 million diagnoses were made taking into account artificial intelligence, – specified the mayor.
– It is necessary to replicate, – Putin supported, which means that doctors need such help throughout the country.
“There was a very serious problem in the management of the housing stock, houses, because it is practically impossible to hold a meeting in a house, it is impossible to make decisions, which means that the management company does what it wants,” Sobyanin recalled.
He said a way out had been found. An “electronic home” system has been created in the capital. With the help of him, voting from a smartphone, residents can make all the necessary decisions. At the same time, each vote is confirmed by a digital passport.
– It is not necessary for everyone to run to the entrance and vote with their hands, – explained Sergei Semenovich.
– Digital democracy, – agreed the country’s president.
Sobyanin noted that when the street surveillance system was being created in the city, there were many “hints of all kinds” about state surveillance. But in practice, the cameras help catch the real criminals.
“7,713 people who were on the federal wanted list were detained in the city, these are pure criminals who could not be found before,” Sobyanin said.
When Soviet industrial giants like ZIL closed in Moscow, many cried that the city would be left without industry. But practice has shown that this is not the case.
In five years, the volume of the manufacturing industry has grown by 40%.
– And taking into account the commissioning of new capacities of the Moscow Oil Refinery, the volume of manufacturing industries will double, – specified the mayor.
In the Rudnevo industrial zone (east of the capital), a huge production of drones is being created. Now 120 thousand square meters are ready for this business. meters of space, and it will be three times more.
A new pharmaceutical plant is being built in Zelenograd. They will also produce antiviral drugs and drugs for cancer patients.
– In addition, two thirds of them have never been produced in Russia, – specified the mayor.
At the Renault plant, Muscovites are now being made. And in the next two years, it is planned to launch the production of its own electric vehicles.
– In the field of economy, Moscow ranked third in terms of gross product, taking into account purchasing power parity among world cities, – reported Sergey Semenovich.
In the end, Putin praised how the capital is developing.
– I remember, a few years ago, there were big doubts about whether Moscow would be able to provide normal intra-city traffic. Yes, with such a large population and with such a density, this is not an easy task, but in general, Moscow is more successful than many other megacities in the world,” Putin praised.