“We are also considering the initial version of the violation of fire safety rules during the operation of the furnace, but it is unlikely. The final conclusions can be made after the completion of the work of the supervisory authorities and colleagues of the Investigative Committee said the deputy minister.
On behalf of the Minister of Civil Defense, Emergency Situations and Elimination of the Consequences of Natural Disasters of the Russian Federation, Alexander Kurenkov, a working group headed by Deputy Ministers Ilya Denisov and Anatoly Suprunovsky is working in Kemerovo.
According to the press service of the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations for the Kemerovo region, upon arrival, the deputy ministers personally assessed the situation at the scene of a fire in a private residential building, where 22 people died on Saturday. evening, held a joint meeting with the Governor of Kuzbass Sergey Tsivilev.
It was found that the fire and rescue units acted correctly, in accordance with all the requirements of the governing documents. “Supposedly one of the reasons for the rapid and large-scale development of the fire was the belated message about it to the Ministry of Emergency Situations. By the time the first units arrived, almost the entire building was engulfed in flames. The glass it was broken and the fire had already developed,” Ilya Denisov said.
Department heads noted that a comprehensive approach to solving the issue of licensing these institutions is necessary to avoid tragic consequences in the future.
Investigations are underway at the scene of the fire.