“According to the latest operational data, 22 residents of the region suffered from surrogate cider poisoning, 8 of them died, our doctors provide all necessary assistance to the rest. Residents of Dimitrovgrad and Ulyanovsk suffered,” he said.
The head of the region called on all businessmen in the region to urgently stop the sale of dangerous alcohol in wholesale and retail outlets and restaurants. According to preliminary information from law enforcement agencies, people were poisoned by the drink “Mr. Cider”, which was produced in the Samara region. It was sold bottled, the alcohol was brought to the region in 30-liter barrels. Now law enforcement officers are engaged in the seizure of this product.
Recall, earlier it was reported that from June 3 to 5 in Dimitrovgrad and Ulyanovsk 14 cases of cider poisoning were recorded, 8 of them were fatal. The fatal poisoning of two women in the Samara region with the same drink was also reported.
A criminal case has been initiated under the article on the provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, which through negligence caused the death of two or more people.