The change of climatic zones, a sharp drop in temperature – this is a serious stress for the body and blood vessels in particular.
Photo: Ivan VISLOV
On May 20, returning from a business trip to Cuba, 46-year-old Deputy Minister of Science and Education Pyotr Kucherenko died suddenly on the plane. Long distance flight, more than 10 hours. The temperature on Liberty Island is now above 30 degrees, almost double ours. I remember how in January 2022 in the Dominican Republic, 46-year-old TV presenter Mikhail Zelensky also suddenly passed away (for more details, see below). The circumstances are similar: a long-haul flight, a sharp change in weather and time zones. Both men were heartbroken. Can a “radical” geographic movement become a cause of cardiovascular catastrophes? On the eve of the Christmas season and the resumption of regular flights with Cuba itself, the question is not idle at all. This is what KP.RU found out
Doctors do not get tired of repeating: if a person has chronic diseases (and who after 40 does not have them now?), Then it is advisable to rest only in your own climatic zone. The same, in a friendly way, refers to business trips. Although, of course, there is usually no question of choice. But doctors insist for a reason.
– Changing climatic zones, a sharp drop in temperature can become a trigger in the development of a stroke (as well as other cardiovascular disasters. – Ed.). This is a serious stress for the body and blood vessels in particular, explains Asya Dobrozhanskaya, program coordinator at the ORBI Stroke Foundation.
According to doctors, the risk of sudden death after long flights is increased in people with hypertension, congenital aneurysms and other vascular pathologies. Unfortunately, most patients are unaware of the latter. Also, the threat of death is growing in conditions where the viscosity of the blood increases; this is fraught with the formation and separation of blood clots. Blood can thicken, in particular, in acute and chronic infectious diseases, various inflammatory processes, in the postoperative period. In such cases, before long flights, it is recommended to consult a doctor who can prescribe the necessary drugs to reduce the risk of thrombosis.
TO THE POINT
Who else was overtaken by cardiovascular disasters in their prime?
– On January 11, 2022, TV presenter Mikhail Zelensky died suddenly while on vacation in the Dominican Republic. He was only 46 years old. According to the conclusion of the Dominican doctors, the cause of sudden death was a heart attack caused by a chronic disease of the cardiovascular system. As Mikhail’s widow Mila Rubinchik told reporters, the attack happened unexpectedly, nothing foreshadowed it. “Everything happened before our eyes: he got sick. The condition worsened within minutes. We arrived at the medical aid station, and there [остановка сердца] it happened at the entrance. Medical manipulations did not help.
– On the night of June 23, 2022, the legendary soloist of “Tender May” Yuri Shatunov died. The 48-year-old artist felt bad, he had severe pain in the region of the heart. He was called an ambulance, but the doctors did not have time to take the patient to the hospital. Shatunov died of a massive heart attack. As it became known, heart problems tormented the artist for more than a year. He suffered from heart failure and was seen by doctors.
– On May 9, 2019, the famous TV presenter, editor-in-chief of the Moskva Speaks radio station Sergey Dorenko died. He died while riding his motorcycle. He fell off a “bicycle” on a busy highway and never got up again. He was 59 years old. According to the forensic medical examination, the cause of death was a ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm. This is a pathology in which a thickening occurs in the walls of the artery, something like a sac where blood accumulates. Aortic rupture can happen instantly. In such a situation, doctors often do not have time to provide assistance.
– On November 16, 2019, the Russian politician, director of the Institute of Current Economics and columnist for Komsomolskaya Pravda Nikita Isaev passed away. The cause was a massive heart attack. Isaev was only 41 years old. He led a healthy lifestyle, often posting photos of him training.
– On December 16, 2009, at the age of 47, the famous showman Vladimir Turchinsky, who was also known under the pseudonym Dynamite, died. The official cause of death is a heart attack. At the same time, it is known that the athlete was fond of taking dietary supplements. Including – to accelerate muscle growth. Such drugs can seriously affect the heart, doctors warn.