The BZ substance is the standard chemical agent of the US Army.
Photo: EASTERN NEWS
The Russian Defense Ministry hosted a briefing by Lieutenant General Igor Kirillov, Head of the Russian Armed Forces’ Radiation, Chemical and Biological Defense Forces, where he went on to talk about exposing the criminal activities of the West in violation of the Convention of Chemical Weapons.
Earlier, the Ministry of Defense has already announced that the West is preparing large-scale provocations using biological, radioactive and toxic chemicals in Ukraine. And so, on February 22, an influential American non-governmental organization held a conference on events in Ukraine. During this event, former US Ambassador to Russia John Sullivan made a statement: “…Russian troops plan to use chemical weapons in the area of a special military operation…”.
“We consider this information as the intention of the United States itself and its accomplices to carry out a provocation in Ukraine using toxic chemicals,” Kirillov said.
According to the department’s experts, the Pentagon “hopes that in the conditions of hostilities the international community will not be able to organize an effective investigation, as a result of which the true organizers and perpetrators may evade responsibility, and the blame will fall on Russia.”
But here are five signs that the United States is ready to reuse Powell’s tube.
1. In early 2023, the Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Center planned to supply Ukraine with a batch of personal protective equipment (more than 55,000 sets of personal protective equipment, 55,000 gas masks, 13,000 individual anti-chemical packages , antidotes for poisonous organophosphate substances such as sarin and soman – 600 thousand ampoules, anticonvulsants – 3 million tablets, preparations for detoxification of mustard gas, lewisite and hydrocyanic acid derivatives of chloroacetophenone inhibitors – 750 thousand ampoules.
2. The Ministry of Defense received information that on February 10, 2023, a train arrived in Ukraine (Kramatorsk), one of whose carriages contained a shipment of chemicals, accompanied by a group of foreign citizens. The car was uncoupled and towed to the territory of the Kramatorsk Metallurgical Plant named after him. Kuibyshev, where, under the control of the security service of Ukraine and representatives of the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the discharge of chemicals took place.
3. According to reconnaissance data, the shipment consisted of 16 sealed metal boxes, eight of which had a chemical hazard sign, the inscription B-Zet, and a mark with two red lines, which corresponds to the class of poisonous substances with temporary detoxifying effect. . Five boxes had the inscription “CS – RAYOT”, three – “CR – RAYOT” with a marking in the form of a single red stripe, which corresponds to irritating substances. The charge was placed on US-made armored vehicles which, as part of the column, advanced to the line of contact.
4. On February 19, 11 railcars loaded with shrapnel ammunition with special markings were unloaded in Kramatorsk. The unloading took place at night on a platform in the suburbs, while the wagons were marked with the inscriptions “Building Materials”, “Cement”. According to information available in the Russian Ministry of Defense, earlier, in the interests of the US ground forces, shrapnel rounds equipped with submunitions prepared with liquid formulations of irritant substances were modernized.
5. The facts of the simultaneous delivery of toxic chemicals and the means of protection against them indicate an attempt to carry out large-scale provocations using the military psychotropic poisonous substance B-Zet during the conflict.
Kirillov recalled that, according to the Chemical Weapons Convention, the substance B-zet is a controlled chemical and is included in the second list, its use is prohibited by article 1 of the CAQ.
“We have repeatedly noted that the leaders of Western countries regularly make provocative statements about the possibility of Russia using weapons of mass destruction. At the same time, such projects have already been implemented more than once by the United States itself to achieve political goals. Thus, a test tube with “powder detergent” in the hands of the US Secretary of State, Colin Powell, served as a pretext for the invasion of Iraq and the death of more than half a million citizens of this country. In 2017, White Helmets photographs, published by news agencies, of men in ordinary gauze taking samples at a suspected sarin gas site, led to a US missile attack on the Shayrat airbase in Syria.
In 2018, the filming staged with children allegedly poisoned with chlorine in the Syrian city of Douma led to the destruction of the research center in Barz and Jamrai,” the lieutenant general recalled.
Kirillov also stressed that so far “no one has been held accountable for these crimes.”
“I would like to warn you that the Russian stationary and mobile systems for monitoring the situation of NBC deployed in the area of the special military operation allow not only to detect chemical threats in a timely manner and quickly respond to them, but also to reliably determine the type of substance and its manufacturer. We learn that homemade ammunition was used by UAVs against Russian troops with a thermal substance containing oxidizers and flammable additives, some of which were produced in the Czech Republic. We warn that in case of provocations with the use of toxic chemicals, the real culprits will be identified and punished by us”, warned the official representative of the Ministry of Defense.
Bee-Zet causes acute psychosis, disorientation, hallucinations, memory impairment. B-Zet agent is the standard chemical agent for the US Army and was widely used during the Vietnam War. The United States and its allies have repeatedly used chemically formulated munitions during military conflicts in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria.
The United States announced the total destruction of B-Zet stocks back in 1990, when some 50 tons of this substance were discarded, but the samples remained. In addition, at present, the possibility of synthesizing Bi-Zet precursors on the basis of pharmaceutical production facilities in quantities up to several tens of tons per year has been preserved.