hit tracker
Friday, September 29, 2023
HomeLatest NewsThere are no Elvis Presley songs on Priscilla

There are no Elvis Presley songs on Priscilla

Date: September 29, 2023 Time: 07:06:30

Sofia Coppola’s upcoming film Priscilla, about Elvis Presley’s wife, won’t feature a single song from the king of rock and roll. The Hollywood Reporter reports it.

The director said she was not allowed to use Presley’s hits. According to the publication, she was turned down by Elvis Presley Enterprises, which is 85% owned by Authentic Brands Group. The remaining 15% goes to the Presley family.

“They don’t like projects they didn’t create and protect their brand. But it forced us to be more creative,” Coppola said.

THR writes that the film opens with the Ramones’ 1963 version of The Ronettes’ “Baby, I Love You.” Priscilla is based on Presley’s 1985 memoir with Sandra Harmon. The book tells the life of Priscilla, who was turned upside down when she, at the age of 14, fell in love with Elvis, who was serving in the German army at the time.

The film is expected to premiere at the Venice Film Festival in early September. It will be released to the public on October 27.

Let’s remember that Sofia Coppola plans to publish a book-art book in which she will collect the brightest moments of her professional biography. It was called the Sofia Coppola Archive: 1999-2023. Coppola told Vogue that the first thing on her mind was putting together an art book inspired by her life during the pandemic.

Hansen Taylor
Hansen Taylor
Hansen Taylor is a full-time editor for ePrimefeed covering sports and movie news.

Most Popular

Recent Comments