Promising areas will be associated with the production of industrial military products, first of all, machine operators, fitters and engineers are needed.
Photo: Alexey BULATOV
This is how a person works: no matter what happens in this raging world, many perceive the change of the calendar as a sign of change for the better. With a whole list of new hopes, in which work occupies a prominent place. So what career plans are the Russians building for this year? We asked KP.RU subscribers about this on social media and these are the results we got.
More than 9,000 people participated in the survey, and 36% of them, apparently, value stability and are not going to change anything in their work history. One in twenty of those surveyed will also stay in the same place, hoping for a higher position. Another 7% will continue to look for a part-time job, and 4% will ask the authorities for a salary increase. Every tenth respondent intends to take advanced training courses, and every twenty – to expand or open their own business. 14 percent of our respondents will look for a new job.
– At present, 14 percent of citizens who are going to look for a new job is not much, – commented on the results of the survey, the professor of the Financial University of the Government of the Russian Federation, Alexander Safonov. – On average, the turnover of our labor force during the year can reach up to 20 percent of the total number of employees. This indicates that under conditions of uncertainty, people prefer to hold the positions they have. The most important conclusion is that people prefer stability. In 2023, there will continue to be problems associated with saving citizens on purchases and services that do not fulfill their current tasks. Therefore, there will be no shortage of staff in restaurants and tourism. The same will apply to distribution centers for the sale of expensive equipment, cars – the specialists involved in this will be less in demand. In addition, this year, most likely, will be associated with reductions in construction volumes, because people do not have enough money to buy apartments, moreover, 2022 was a record year in this area for the start-up of housing, here the market employment will stabilize. . Promising areas will be associated with the production of industrial military products, first of all, machine operators, fitters and engineers are needed. As always, we need teachers and doctors. In connection with the development of import substitution, personnel in pharmacology will also be needed. Traditionally, there will be a shortage of people in housing and communal services. In conditions when people save money, do not buy new, but try to extend the life of old equipment (the same refrigerator or washing machine), there will be a demand for repairmen. And as always in megacities, there will be a high demand for couriers.
What are your professional plans for 2023? (as a percentage of those who voted)
– I will look for a new job – 14
– I will look for a part-time job – 7
– I will ask for a salary increase – 4
– I plan to get a higher position – 5
– Training courses / update – 10
– I will open/expand my business — 5
– I will resign and rest – 4
– I won’t change anything – 36
– I don’t know yet – 15
The survey was conducted among subscribers of “KP” on social networks. 9.1 thousand people participated.