Sakhalin organized a forum dedicated to attracting specialists to the Far Eastern District. Photo: Yuri Kim
Sakhalin hosted the National Personnel Initiative Forum, the main theme of which was attracting professionals to the island and retaining valuable personnel in the region. The first people from the region and industry experts made proposals on how to achieve this.
Speakers at the plenary session “Personal sovereignty in practice – from region to country. How to hoist the “sail of a professional” in the region?” became: General Director of the Agency for the Development of Skills and Professions, Director of the Human Resources Division of the Agency for Strategic Initiatives Robert Urazov, Governor of the Sakhalin Region Valery Limarenko and Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation Elena Mukhtiyarova.
– At a recent meeting, President Vladimir Putin said that we are now purposefully developing markets that are actively developing. First of all, these are the ones located in the Asia-Pacific region. And, despite the events in the world, and today there is an economic and political crisis, not a single project on Sakhalin has suffered from this. Everything is moving forward. And it is clear that only labor resources can become the main problem for development. And we have been working for several years to minimize these risks both with the ASI and with the Ministry of Labor”, stressed Valeriy Limarenko.
He is sure that in order for people to go to work in the Far East, it is necessary to offer them good vacancies and create a comfortable environment for their families.
The Agency for Strategic Initiatives is currently working on this, implementing progressive projects to train, attract and retain specialists on Sakhalin. The region has launched the “We Win Together” project of the forum “Strong Ideas for the New Times” of ASI and the Roscongress Foundation. The task facing the region is to prepare 15,000 high-tech jobs.
“Earn Together” in a pilot format was launched in the Sakhalin region in 2022. The initiative is aimed at building an individual career plan, training and guaranteeing employment of a person in a desired position with a higher salary. The future employee will not have to make a previous payment for training. You will pay back the money from the income that you will eventually receive.
– The project has given the first results. They are still pieces, but the potential can be evaluated. 38 people participated in the first wave, and 28 of them expressed a desire to work in the field of social protection and 10 in the accounting business. Now the first return on investment will come. The second wave of participants begins in December. There is a shortage of qualified personnel in the Far East and, in our opinion, the “We win together” project should help to close it,” Elena Mukhtiyarova noted.
Attracting specialists to the island requires a comprehensive approach, and Robert Urazov, Director of ASI’s Human Resources Division, expressed the following proposal.
– Any development project will require people who are capable of creating it and participating in its implementation. At the same time, it is important to understand what exactly motivates a person to connect his fate with the future of the region and the country. The ASI team came up with a methodology for building the country’s personal sovereignty – “Sail”. It is based on three aspects of human motivation: development, talent and professionalism; about the presence of world and global challenges; opportunities to be in demand and benefit the Homeland. Sakhalin is a unique territory. Many staffing challenges are exaggerated here, but the management models are modern and highly adaptable. If Parus can work effectively on the island, its replication in other regions will be a foregone conclusion.
In addition, now ten subjects from the Far East participate in the Mobility program, which is funded by the Russian government. The money is received by the employer who attracts specialists from other regions. 92 specialists came to Sakhalin. In the entire Far Eastern Federal District – 1400 people. And they all decided to stay in new places.
The performance of the work of the headhunters depends to a great extent on the Employment Service.
– You must go from the job market format to a full-fledged career companion. One of these flagship centers has been established in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Introduced a new integrated approach to serving both job seekers and employers. The list of services has been expanded, the staff has been retrained. Now they provide targeted assistance to customers, – said Elena Mukhtiyarova.
There is hope that the stereotype about the Employment Service will become a thing of the past and it will be perceived not just as an unemployment insurance fund, but as a partner.
On Sakhalin, almost everyone can find something to their liking.
– People go to places where there is interesting work. We continue to develop Sakhalin-1 and Sakhalin-2, and Sakhalin-3 is entering a new phase. In addition, we are now working not only for production, but also for gas processing. This is fundamentally important. Services are also moving forward, meaning the services of companies involved in mining and processing, and we will build a technology park that will launch production facilities in 2024. These are the growth markets. That is why it is necessary to go to Sakhalin,” the governor emphasized.
At the same time, transport logistics is developing. The Northern Sea Route will be one of the main cargo delivery routes. Now the issue is being resolved to make a deep-water port of Korsakov, which can greatly complement the transport infrastructure of Vladivostok.
– We also have a large tourism business. There is a ski resort in the center of the city. Great place. Increasingly, tourists go to the Kuril Islands. They were declared a special economic zone. There are new factories for processing and breeding fish. We also have the largest fleet in the Pacific and fish processing facilities. That’s why you have to go to Sakhalin. Housing is also being built on the island. Today we are in the top three in terms of the introduction of housing and, by the way, in the top five in terms of salaries in the Russian Federation. And the people of Sakhalin in the summer on Sunday mornings go to have breakfast on the seashore, and on Sundays in the winter they go skiing down the mountain, – summed up Valery Limarenko.