Musician Yuri Antonov
Photo: Larisa KUDRYAVTSEVA/EG
On February 19, the author of the hits “From Pain to Joy”, “Believe in a Dream” and many, many others celebrates his 78th birthday. We congratulate Yuri Antonov on his birthday, we wish him creative success and, most importantly, good health. He has been suffering from leg pain for several years. “Walking hurts. Sometimes the pain is so strong that you try in every possible way to distract yourself, you think of anything to walk a few meters,” Yuri Mikhailovich told us in an interview. After a knee operation, he is in rehabilitation.
– Thank you for the congratulations, – Yuri Antonov told KP. – Rehabilitation is still ongoing…
– How are you?
– Well, then… in different ways.
– What do you think, where are the doctors better, in our country or in Germany (Yuri Antonov was treated not only in Russia, but also abroad)?
– It’s hard to say… It’s hard to communicate there because of the language barrier. We have very good specialists, but the general level of medicine… is very different from Western medicine. After all, in Germany, for the 80 years after the war, there was stability, but we did not. It’s only getting better now. In the three years that I have been treating my leg, I have been through a lot.
– Do you follow the tragedy with the figure skater Roman Kostomarov? Due to pneumonia, he developed sepsis and, according to some reports, tissue necrosis in his legs and arms. The novel has been swinging between life and death for more than a month. He underwent major operations, but his condition continues to inspire concern. Fans of the skater criticize the doctors, they say, overlooked, lost …
– I follow this tragedy, I feel sorry for Roman. But we need to look deeper: what caused such consequences? I wouldn’t just blame the doctors. We must look for reasons in Kostomarov himself. Everyone has their own body. You need to know all the circumstances… I really sympathize with Roman. He is nice to me. But I don’t think it’s the doctors.
Although among them there are those who are not a sin to scold. I ran into. A good doctor must have professional intuition, imagination, which helps to foresee the consequences…
A few years ago, Yuri Antonov exposed his leg. It seems that a minor injury turned into several operations. Austrian doctors literally picked up the knee piece by piece. However, after some time, Antonov still needed a full joint replacement.