Let’s remember that Nikita was the main goalkeeper for the Norwegian Bodé-Glimt, with whom he was twice proclaimed champion of Norway, played in the Champions League and the Europa League.
Football agent Alexei Safonov believes Khaikin did the right thing by replacing the prosperous and sleepy Norwegian province with England.
– In Norway, Khaykin constantly played in European competitions. He now stuck in the championship quagmire. Or is England interrupting everything?
– He studied at the Chelsea academy and at some other club. England is not a foreign country to him. He himself said that he had long dreamed of returning there. Here comes an offer. I did everything right. And the age is normal, why not try?
England is for soccer players, like NHL hockey players or NBA basketball players.
– And it seems that they have taken him as the main goalkeeper.
– That’s important too. And that the team is not very strong, then for the goalkeeper it is a post: there will be a lot of work, a lot of opportunities to prove his worth.
– And the championship is a very difficult tournament, there is a death in each match with a knife.
– This is true. Remember how Slutsky almost went flying, although at first he would have won the trial. Coming out of the championship in the Premier League is considered a great achievement. There sparks fly in each game, there are no games that are passed.
Perhaps there is another reason – Nikita wanted to drive. And in Norway, life is quite measured. Always groundhog day, but you want something that drives. In England, a completely different stop in the stands. It’s like hockey in Canada. I want a change of scenery, okay.
– Haikin did not renew the contract with Boude-Glimt, so Bristol got him for free.
He was apparently planning to leave. So not renewing the contract turned out to be the right decision. They pay on time, everything is calm, life flows in measure. People get tired of living even in a gilded cage.
Nikita Khaikin is 27 years old. In addition to Boude Glimt, he played in Israel for Bnei Yehuda and Hapoel from Kfar Sava.
Khaikin played for the youth teams of Russia of different ages, last year Valery Karpin called the goalkeeper to the national team.
Bristol City are 17th after 28 league games.