– The departure to Asia will set Russian football back, – Selyuk is categorical. – Look at Kazakhstan, they moved from Asia to UEFA and are completely happy. Kazakh football is progressing remarkably.
– But it is necessary to play, stagnation, as is known from history, is not good.
– I understand that I want to play. But let’s take a simple situation. Let’s say Zenit played an RPL game in Rostov on Saturday. Then he arrives in Moscow on the couriers, from there he flies somewhere to China or, even worse, to Indonesia for the Asian Champions League match. The outward journey will take from 12 to 15 hours. Back – again torment. Add a bunch of time zones here. When do the players train? All life is spent on the plane. Zenit Brazilians will immediately sharpen their skis somewhere in their homeland or in Europe. Who has any suggestions?
And one more factor must be taken into account: in the Asian Champions League, only four foreign players can enter the field. Why then “Zenith”, “Spartak” or CSKA so many expensive foreigners?
– Large travel expenses. No budget is enough.
– That’s the point, no victory in Asian club tournaments can recoup these costs.
– All the good people have already counted. A win in the UEFA Champions League group is worth 3 million euros. Win the Asian Champions League – 4 million Win not in one match, but in the entire tournament. And try to win it.
So what to do, not play and wait for UEFA to have mercy?
– First of all, the transition to the AFC does not guarantee anything. There is also FIFA, and FIFA banned us. Now everyone says that we must quickly move to Asia in order to have time to apply for the selection for the World Cup 2026. And who said that we will be allowed there? FIFA will seize and block our participation in the selection for the 2026 World Cup.
– It turns out that there is a dead end everywhere?
– I think you shouldn’t get excited, you should wait a bit. After all, there has already been talk of allowing our athletes under a neutral flag to participate in the Paris Olympics in 2024. Even Macron spoke about this. If we are admitted to the Olympics, FIFA will almost certainly lift the ban.