Let’s remember that Nikita was the main goalkeeper of the Norwegian Bodé-Glimt, with whom he was twice proclaimed champion of Norway, played in the Champions League.
Football agent Dmitry Selyuk knows Nikita well. He and the word.
– Haikin went from being a team of one of the leaders of Norwegian football to an average team in the second division of England. Bristol last played in the top flight in the late 1970s. Is this a step up or a mistake?
– First of all, I know Nikita very well and have been friends with his parents for many years. Unfortunately, Nikita’s mother has already died. Nikita is not only a good goalkeeper, but also a wonderful person: educated, erudite, exceptionally decent.
At one time, I wanted to acquire a team in Israel, and the first thing I did was invite Nikita to the position of goalkeeper.
Now to your question. He always wanted to play in England. He came out champion with Boude-Glimt, played in the Champions League, in the Europa League. Norway has always been seen as a stepping stone to a stronger championship. In Norway, Nikita did it all, so he did it all right. He grew up in England, he always dreamed of playing in England. And the dream came true. Very times for Nikita.
– Bristol is a swamp, and with Boude-Glimt Khaikin constantly played in European competitions. Is this a step forward?
– Of course, one step forward. With Bodø-Glimt, Nikita played six games in European competitions, in the Championship 46 games only in the championship, and there is also the FA Cup. The Championship is closely followed by all scouts from all the major clubs. If he plays, it will show.
– But where is the guarantee that he will play?
– Listen, well, who can give a guarantee? But I’m sure Khaykin will play there. He will compete with the current goalkeeper, there are many games, there will be a chance. The main thing is that Nikita got into English football. He made a name for himself in Norway, the main thing was to get into a good championship.
Sometimes I bring young players to FNL to get experience there. Before the pandemic, I offered Fofan to all Russian clubs, then he was 18 years old. Everyone refused: young people, they will not withstand the competition, they will clean the store. And what we see is that he cleaned Molde’s shop so much that Chelsea bought him for 12 million pounds.
PS This is 20-year-old forward David Datro Fofana. The Ivorian footballer in the Norwegian “Molde” scored 34 points (24+10) in the “goal + pass” system. On 7 January, Chelsea announced that they had bought the striker for £12 million.
Chelsea also has Wesley Fofana, the French defender. His London club bought Leicester last year for 75 million pounds.
Nikita Khaikin is 27 years old. In addition to Boude Glimt, he played in Israel for Bnei Yehuda and Hapoel from Kfar Sava.
Khaikin played for the youth teams of Russia of different ages, last year Valery Karpin called the goalkeeper to the national team.
Bristol City are 17th after 28 league games.