LATEST RESULTS AND RANKINGS
Bayern traditionally lead the German league after the championship half, but they don’t have as much buildup as they previously had in previous seasons. Even sixth-placed Freiburg are only five points behind and therefore any misfire can change the final position at the top of the table.
Photo source: FC Bayern
And those misfires have already been. Until 2023, Bayern had six victories, but in the new year the team does not find its game. And if the guest draw with RB Leipzig (1:1) can be justified, then the 1:1 at home against Cologne, which is in the middle of the Bundesliga table, is already something alarming. In addition, the Munich team lost the score for the entire match, and only in the 90th minute, thanks to the efforts of Kimmich, the teams ended in a draw.
Eintracht was lucky with the calendar, because in the first official match of the year they were opposed by the main outsider of the championship, Schalke, who was successfully disqualified with a score of 3:0. In the second game, Eintracht had to win against the same Freiburg, but just like Bayern, Eintracht also finished the tour with just one point (1:1).
Photo source: FC Eintracht
Despite the misfire, Eintracht remains among the top four teams in Germany, just five points behind Bayern. However, the density in the table is so high that, in theory, the team after the match with Bayern could sneak up to the seventh row.
Julian Nagelsmann lost in a short time a whole galaxy of stars who will not be able to help against Eintracht. Manuel Neuer, Luca Hernandez, Buna Sarr, Nussair Mazraoui will definitely miss the meeting, as well as Leon Goretzky’s participation is questionable.
The Bavarians made up for Neuer’s loss by buying Jan Sommer, but there are doubts about other positions. For example, due to Mane’s injury, Bayern have no attacking alternatives to Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting, who, although he scores goals for him, is clearly not enough for Bayern to feel comfortable.
Eintracht will also arrive at the game not in the best conditions. Young talent and Bayern graduate Marcel Wenig, defender Luca Pellegrini on loan from Juventus will definitely not play at the Allianz Arena, but the losses from him cannot be considered serious. However, the participation of the main center-challenger Tut is questionable, as well as the first goalkeeper and team leader Kevin Trapp, whose possible absence will hit hard the ability to take points away from the favourite. However, judging by the latest news, they will be able to recover.
STATISTICS AND FACTS
• Eintracht are a very difficult opponent for Bayern. The Eagles have won 3 of their last 10 head to head games;
• Eintracht Frankfurt and Bayern have gone 17 consecutive games without a draw. The last time they broke up was in 2016;
• Bayern have gone 15 consecutive Bundesliga home games unbeaten. The last defeat occurred over a year ago in a match against Borussia Mönchengladbach (1:2);
• Eintracht Frankfurt scored 31 points in the middle of the season, a club record;
• In this match the two best representatives in the goal + pass system will face each other. Eintracht Frankfurt have Randal Kolo Muani (6+10), Bayern have Jamal Musiala (9+6);
• Eintracht Frankfurt is the best visiting team of the season after Bayern (4 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss).
The match will take place on January 28 at 20:30 Moscow time. You can plunge into the atmosphere of the upcoming fight and follow the match live in the Ligi Stavok application. Here is a broad line and the most interesting results. For all new players, the betting company has prepared a great gift – a bonus of up to 10,000 rubles on the Wheel of Fortune!