The final race of the 2023 Asian Le Mans Series (ALMS) took place at the Yas Marina circuit: two four-hour races with 42 teams were held over nine days in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, after which determined the champions in three classes.
Victory in the final race of the championship was taken by the DKR Engineering No. 3 crew consisting of Salih Yoluch, Charlie Eastwood and Ayhancan Güven. At the same time, 15 minutes from the finish, the Inter Europol Competition team was in the lead, but on lap 125, Nolan Siegel had to stop in the pits due to technical problems. This win ultimately gave DKR Engineering the championship title in the LMP2 teams’ standings.
The crew of the 99 Racing No. 98 moved up to second in the overall standings, in which this weekend Neil Jani and Ahmad Al Harty competed against former Formula 1 driver Nikita Mazepin, and the team’s Alexander Coigny and Malta Jacobsen. Cool Racing went on to bronze medals – they also became runners-up, ahead of the Algarve Pro Racing drivers. Mazepin’s crew after another podium finish moved up in the general classification to fourth place.
In LMP3 qualifying, the Graff Racing No. 8 team took a sure victory: Fabrice Rosselló, Javier Lloveras and François Ariault in final qualifying were one lap ahead of their closest rivals and thanks to their rivals they won the title of the championship. The fact is that the second for a long time were the drivers of MV2S Racing No. 29: Jerome de Sadeler, Fabien Lavergne and the Russian Vyacheslav Gutak, which would have been enough to win by the number of points.
However, down the stretch, Marcos Siebert of Cool Racing No. 17 was able to pull ahead of MV2S and take three points from the team. As a result, in the general classification, Graff Racing and MV2S scored the same number of points, but due to additional indicators, the Russian remained runner-up, although literally in every race he was on the podium.
On the fifth line of the LMP3 race finished the crew of Alexander Bukhantsov Inter Europol Competition No. 73, Vladislav Lomko and his teammates took ninth place. The Russian got behind the wheel of the crew of the CD Sport No. 2 in the final phase of the race, he managed at some point to reach seventh place, but due to a fine at the end of the distance, he had to recover. However, reigning Grand Prix winner Po maintained his position in the top 10 and gave the team two points towards the end of the season.
In the GT category, Al Faisal Al Zubair, Luka Stolz and Martin Konrad took the Haupt Racing Team’s No. 7 Mercedes AMG GT3 for a second consecutive win. Chandler Hull, Nicky Catsburg and Thomas Merrill took second place in Walkenhorst Motorsport’s #34 BMW M4 GT3 to take the 2023 championship, while Raffaele Marchiello, Fabian Schiller and Florian Scholze took bronze in the #10 Getspeed Mercedes AMG GT3 . .
ALMS Abu Dhabi 4 Hours Race 2 (Top 10):
1. S. Yoluch, C. Eastwood, A. Guven (DKR Engineering No. 3 / Oreca LMP2) – 130 laps.
2. N. Mazepin, N. Jani, A. Al Harty (99 Racing No. 98 / Oreca LMP2) +1.903 sec.
3. A. Coigny, M. Jacobsen (Cool Racing #37/Oreca LMP2) +14.337.
4. D. Falb, D. Allen, K. Simpson (Algarve Pro Racing #25/Oreca LMP2) +44.907
5. F. Hanson, P. di Resta, D. McGuire (#22 United Autosports/Oreca LMP2) +1 lap.
6. Y. Shaheen, G. Patterson, O. Jarvis (#23 United Autosports/Oreca LMP2) +2 laps.
7. M. Konopka, N. Pino, L. Toth (ARC Bratislava No. 44 / Oreca LMP2) +3 laps.
8. F. Rosselló, J. Lloveras, F. Arjo (Graff Racing No. 8 / Ligier LMP3) +5 laps.
9. S. Oltramare, A. Shila, M. Siebert (Cool Racing No. 17 / Ligier LMP3) +6 laps.
10. V. Gutak, J. de Sadeler, F. Laverne (MV2S Racing #29 / Ligier LMP3) +6 laps.
General classification of LMP2 crews:
1. Engineering DKR No. 3 – 76 points.
2. Cool Racing No. 37 – 54.
3. Algarve Pro Racing No. 25 – 51.
4. 99 Racing No. 98 – 49.
5. Inter Europol Competition No. 43 – 39.
6. Nielsen Racing #24 – 39.
7. United Autosports No. 23 – 38.
8. United Autosports No. 22 – 36.
9. ARC Bratislava No. 44 – 18.
General classification of the LMP3 crews (top 10):
1. Graff Racing No. 8 – 73 points.
2. MV2S Racing No. 29 – 73.
3. Nielsen Racing No. 4 – 45.
4. Engineering DKR No. 5 – 44.
5. Rinaldi Racing WTM No. 11 – 31.
6. CD Deportivo No. 1 – 27.
7. Inter Europol Competition No. 73 – 27.
8. Cool Races #17 – 26.
9. CD Deportivo No. 2 – 18.
10. Graff Racing No. 9 – 14.