We called in Tallinn the mythical Russian coach of the 90s Valery Ovchinnikov, who has lived in Estonia for a long time, to get his opinion on the transfer adventure.
– Valery Viktorovich, 500 thousand actually for three months – isn’t it too much?
– It’s like a scale: on one side are the club’s opportunities, on the other side are the player’s requests. For a player of Dziuba’s level, half a million is normal.
– It has already fallen sharply in applications after 1.5 million in Turkey.
– And the club did not write to you in the contract how many goals you should score before the end of the season?
– Well, we don’t know. Let’s say you are the president of a Nizhny Novgorod club. Especially since you were already one in the 90s. How would you talk to Dziuba?
– First of all, I would cut the requested amount of interest by 60. I would explain to him that after all the adventures in Turkey, signing a contract is the most important opportunity for him to restart his career. After that, he will be able to play another two or three years.
– Totally agree with your logic. If he doesn’t find a team now, in August Artyom will be 35 years old, missing a whole season at that age is difficult.
– I think that the Russian clubs will keep Dziuba in the dark until the very flag, until the transfer window closes. And then someone will say it.
– And the contract will be small, because Artyom has nowhere to go.
– More or less so. Now there is an operation – they caught a mouse, we are trying to finish it off slowly.
– There is also information that the Chinese are offering Dziuba a contract with a salary of 2 million rubles.
– This is good. Have you ever been to a Chinese provincial city? Not? 10-15 million live there, it is enough to put a hat in a circle and quickly earn a couple of million. From a financial point of view, China is the right place.
Everything has changed since the pandemic. Nobody pays big millions. The stars are gone.
– Here Dzyuba will revive the Chinese fairy tale.
– What advice would you give Artem now? A month later, the season begins, he misses the prep camp.
– I think he trains individually, sure, he hired a physical trainer. What to advise? If there is such an offer from the Chinese for 2 million, there is an opportunity to make money, you have to go.
– They say that Dzyuba has earned so much that he does not need money. He just wants to play.
– You need money? I have not met people like that.