The 37-year-old footballer, a former CSKA Moscow striker, told a lot. Part of the interview has already been translated to the media and social networks. But some things seem significant to us.
Why Wagner Love suddenly wanted to return to Brazil after moving to the “army” team in the first place:
– I had to play at minus 15 degrees. All I wanted was to go back to Brazil and I asked CSKA president Evgeny Giner about it. But he did not agree to let me go, – quotes football player FourFourTwo.
– But then you had the UEFA Cup? Winner of the match against Sporting!
– It was a very special ending for me. I can tell you something you didn’t know: I could have missed the UEFA Cup final against Sporting. When I moved to Moscow in 2004, it was still summer, so everything was fine. But as winter approached, it got colder and colder, and I began to wonder, “What the hell am I doing here?”
– Giner didn’t let you go. What happened after?
– Then I told him: “I will win the UEFA Cup.” I didn’t know what he was saying, so it was pretty cheeky behavior. Then, when we won the final, I grabbed the UEFA Cup and brought it to Giner. From that day on, he started treating me like his son.
– But after that you asked to go out again, right?
– A year after winning the UEFA Cup, we played with Arsenal, and they told me about a possible transfer, but there was no concrete proposal. Portsmouth and Everton made official offers but the chairman was a tough negotiator and wouldn’t let me go. Years went by and finally I didn’t get a chance to play in the English Premier League.
The Brazilian played for CSKA from 2004 to 2012, and also in 2013. Along with CSKA, he won the Russian Championship three times, won the UEFA Cup and won the Russian Cup six times. He currently plays for Midtjylland.
*The article has been translated based on the content of www.sovsport.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!