hit tracker
Monday, May 20, 2024
HomeLatest NewsAI can eliminate 400,000 jobs in Spain over the next ten years

AI can eliminate 400,000 jobs in Spain over the next ten years

Date: May 20, 2024 Time: 02:06:57

Artificial intelligence could destroy 2 million jobs, while it could create another 1.61 million in Spain in the next ten years, according to the talent manager Randstad. In this way, it would mean the potential elimination of 400,000 jobs, as 9.8% (2 million) of the total current jobs are at risk of being automated.

On the other hand, 15.9% will register an increase in productivity, but the remaining 74.3% of jobs (15.19 million) will not experience significant changes. The most affected sectors will be commerce, with the elimination of 158,415 jobs; administrative activities, with 147,915 less; and the hospitality industry, with 112,770 fewer jobs.

However, the sectors that will experience the greatest net job creation are programming and consulting (76,364 more jobs), telecommunications (8,995 jobs), media and publishing (3,576 jobs), and professional, scientific and technical activities (48,816 ). jobs).

A “limited” impact in some sectors

Other sectors such as agriculture, livestock and fishing, associative activities, extractive industries or construction will experience a “limited” impact with the arrival of AI. The implementation of this technology could increase the productivity of 40% of programming and consulting jobs, as well as jobs in insurance activities (37%), financial services (36%) and media and publishing (33%).

Automation could affect up to 18% of jobs globally, and global GDP could increase by 7% as a result of the implementation of AI, explains the director of Randstad Research, Valentin Bote, who anticipates a “revolution.” “economic ion” as a consequence of the application of this technology.

Despite the projections, according to the report, 54.5% of companies claim that they do not use AI, while the remaining 45.5% of companies that do acknowledge using it do so primarily for data analysis (49.2%), optimization administrative tasks or process automation (36.1%), mainly. Furthermore, the use of AI varies depending on the size of the company, as it is very incipient in small companies, while its degree of use is much more widespread in large companies due to their greater investment capacity.

Randstad has prepared its estimates for the period from 2023 to 2033 assuming only the impact of AI, without assessing possible changes in the other economic, geopolitical and regulatory variables.

* This website provides news content gathered from various internet sources. It is crucial to understand that we are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information presented Read More

Puck Henry
Puck Henry
Puck Henry is an editor for ePrimefeed covering all types of news.
RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments