Crimean Senator Sergey Tsekov
Photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
According to some reports, Ukraine has concentrated a group of 60 thousand people in the “Crimean direction”. The attempt to “open a gap in the Russian front in the south”, in particular, was stated by Vadym Skibitsky, Deputy Head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, in an interview with the German publication Berlinger Morgenpost. But will the Armed Forces of Ukraine really be able to go to the south of the Russian peninsula, breaking through our units in the Zaporozhye or Kherson regions?
KP.RU spoke about this with Senator from Crimea Sergei Tsekov.
– Will the Armed Forces of Ukraine attack Crimea or will they not risk it? And where exactly can they break through?
– I think that Ukraine will try to launch a counterattack on Crimea. Whether it will be from the directions of Zaporizhia or Kherson, I cannot guess at the moment.
– But there is evidence that the forces are concentrating and are aimed precisely at the Crimea, are they confirmed?
– Our military intelligence should know. According to indirect data, this is most likely the case. How many forces the enemy has, 60 thousand or even more, it is difficult to say now. But I take it easy.
– Is it really possible to calmly take the threat of a full-scale offensive against Crimea?
– We continue to fight against these nationalists, who have the support of the entire West, with a limited contingent of forces. I emphasize – limited. If they are there, in Kyiv, they are in their last stages in terms of general mobilization, then we do not carry it out seriously.
– If the big spring offensive against Crimea begins, widely announced by kyiv, will it by definition not be successful?
– I don’t think they can do anything. They may be able to get some initial success. Well, maybe something will work in the first few days. But they just can’t develop it. And, having received a retaliatory blow, it is possible that they will become wiser. This time, it’s final. So or…
– When the Ukrainian generals, heads of law enforcement agencies, say how exactly they will “restore Ukrainian power” in Crimea, what feelings do you have, as a citizen of Crimea?
– His plans are crazy. This is generally out of the question. If they decide to dump the bodies of their soldiers on the way to the Crimea, then yes, they can. But for this, at some point, Zelensky and his minions will have to be torn apart.
– Could I come tomorrow?
“Maybe, it can’t, I don’t even have those thoughts. I don’t think they can even imagine the possible consequences.
Sergey Tsekov: Crimea is protected by Russia at the highest level and Ukraine’s provocations will end in fiasco
Should we be afraid of escalating the situation in the south of the Russian Peninsula? (details)